apple tv?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iSaygoodbye, Jan 27, 2009.

1. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

So i have a 160 gig apple tv. I keep having problems with the syncing and stuff and am thinking about returning it. If i returned it i would probaly buy a classic and keep it plugged into my av cables to my tv and pocket the left over cash. What should i do? Return it or not.

Also i heard a rumor about games maybe coming to apple tv? possible or what

2. mdgolom macrumors 6502

What type of syncing problems are you having? Are you trying to sync back to a Mac or PC?

3. iSaygoodbye thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

syncing with a pc. just now it randomely deleted all my tv shows and have had issues with it connecting to itunes and i am major sick of it

4. Chipskip macrumors member

Keep it! I have an aTv 40GB and am planning on upgrading the HD soon (250GB). It sounds like you have a setting issue with your aTv. My primary computer only Syncs one playlist every thing else is streamed, very smooth with no buffering delays. In your Sync settings you can choose if it removes TV shows after they have been viewed, look over every option very carefully.

Also, how is your router? Old? That can sometimes cause minor issues with syncing.

Take a look at Boxee.tv and XBMC.org for things you can add to your aTv experience. I can watch Hulu, CBS, ESPN and movies in any format via those programs. Plus Apple keeps making it easier to install them. :)

5. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

+1,000,000 :D