Apple TV2 XBMC MP4 issue

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Plattdh, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Plattdh macrumors newbie

I am currently running a jail broken ATV2.
    Everything is running fine. However I have an issue when trying to obtain movie names and artwork for mp4 files.

If for example I have all of my films under a films directory on my NAS, and place an mp4 file directly in this folder, on refreshing the library it does not pick up the file name. If I place the mp4 within a folder of the same name as the mp4 and refresh it picks up the content fine.

If I put an Avi file directly in the films directory, these are picked up fine on a refresh, so the issue appears to be just mp4

Any idea where I am going wrong?

Thanks

2. marc11 macrumors 68000

Did you check to see if you have it set that that folder does or does not contain only one file under set content?

3. Plattdh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Marc, I'm a bit new to all this. How do I do that?

4. marc11 macrumors 68000

Ha I am knew at this too, can't tell you how much I have learned the past few days moving from Plex to XBMC. I love plex for its ease of use but hate having to keep a server running. I also find more ad ons for XBMC that work on atv where plex cannot transcode for ios. But XBMC is slower....anyway back on topic.

In video/files highlight the folder with the movies. Then hold the remote menu button down until a new menu pops up. In there select set content and a new screen will open. In there you can select if the folder contains tv or movies, select the scrapper you want to use and specify if the folder is a single or multiple movies.

Hope this helps.