Apple TV4 apps not responding

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by peejay1229, Jan 23, 2017.

1. peejay1229 macrumors newbie

Has anyone had an issue when clicking apps such as netflix, hbogo (non-apple apps) and they do not open?

I hear the appletv sound and it is almost like the icon "pops" but does not open the app.

I have tried resetting the unit and unplugging it for 15 - 20 seconds and it does not fix the problem.

2. mawool01 macrumors member

mawool01

I havent had this problem, but my brother was telling me about this issue last night. He is having this issue with his Apple TV. He has even deleted the apps and reinstalled them and has the same issue.

3. peejay1229 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe a bug in tvOS ???

4. Kurri macrumors 6502

I have had that problem every time I download an app. Just have to restart the unit and it works fine after that. Very annoying.

5. Richard8655 macrumors 6502a

I have exactly this problem as per Kurri above. Any new downloaded app requires restarting ATV 4 in order for it to open and work. I haven't tried resetting my ATV 4 as has been suggested elsewhere would solve this problem (avoiding having to download everything all over again).

6. Kurri macrumors 6502

exactly, if you do the resetting downloading, re-inputting passwords, etc. just sounds too tedious. But, on that note, let me know if you do reset and if it works :)

7. Richard8655 macrumors 6502a

Yes for sure, will do. As in your same situation, not something I'm looking forward to. :)

8. Kurri macrumors 6502

i restarted mine and now i'm having sync issues (just made a thread about it). I would advise not restarting and just be glad your atv4 is working right