Apple TV4 - Error 0033: Customer not authorized for content requested

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Bkrebsbach, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Bkrebsbach macrumors newbie

Please HELP!!!

I have been watching live TV and recent episodes of my favorite shows on a lot of different apps (WatchESPN, WatchABC, CNN GO, Comedy Central) on my 4th generation Apple TV for a couple months now. I have been logged in using my parents DirectTV username and password and haven't experienced any problems but now I am seeing the "Error 0033: Customer not authorized for content requested" for most of the apps I use regularly. It seems weird that when I sign out and back in to all of the apps it no longer asks for the cable provider username and password like it did when I first accessed them. I have verified that my parents haven't changed anything about their cable services.

I have tried:
    • Resetting and unplugging Apple TV.
    • Deleted and re-downloaded all the apps.
    • Signed out and back into to all the apps.
    • Tried using Internet Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome and deleted cookies on all.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Did you check with your parents that they are still have Direct TV?

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Did they change their subscription so that the TV apps you are trying to use are no longer in their package?

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Sounds like a package change or some trial that is now over for channels for parents don't have.

5. jbrooksga macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem now. I know that none of the channel subs have changed. Did anyone find a resolution to this?

6. Bkrebsbach thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    Has nothing to do with a change in package. It has something to do with trying to login while I'm logged into my wifi. It will only let me log in if I disconnect from wifi on my phone then log in while I'm connected to LTE.

7. jbrooksga macrumors newbie

Wow that actually worked.

They must be blacklisting IP addresses. Really bizarre.

8. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Do you live in a totally different state than your parents?

9. barkal923, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016

barkal923 macrumors newbie

This worked for me after having tried every suggestion I could find on the internet. And yes, I think Directv is blocking IP addresses. Why? I had two Directv accounts in different cities. I cancelled one. I was not able to verify AppleTV channel apps from the site where Directv had been cancelled.

10. bunkybear macrumors newbie

bunkybear

I agree it's Direct TV problem. I used to have two accounts with Direct TV and cancelled one. When I sign into my computer it still has an account with Direct tv. Plus I do believe they are blocking Third party apps and ip addresses from Apple TV apps and Iphone apps as well. Says I dont have subscription to the networks i am accessing.