Apple uk 61watt charger 2018 iPod pro.

pythagorasuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Does anyone know if the 61w charger currently sold on the uk Apple store has a 15v/3a profile? I can’t find any technical specs on the website.

Anyway of editing thread title to iPad pro

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
I'm not familiar with the specs on the EU power supply. But I googled 15v/3a and similar devices popped up. The 61W Charger is the basic charging brick that comes with the MBP but each region has a different outlet connector. So when I'm in London or Amsterdam I could use my US brick but with a EU converter. Since the iPad uses USB this will work. If you travel to Ams or US you would need a converter. The voltage is the same because of the connector.

None of the stores have the info either.

Here is the US one.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MRW22LL/A/61w-usb-c-power-adapter

You could use your Apple Support App and ask them since it's not listed online

pythagorasuk

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
I'm not familiar with the specs on the EU power supply. But I googled 15v/3a and similar devices popped up. The 61W Charger is the basic charging brick that comes with the MBP but each region has a different outlet connector. So when I'm in London or Amsterdam I could use my US brick but with a EU converter. Since the iPad uses USB this will work. If you travel to Ams or US you would need a converter. The voltage is the same because of the connector.

None of the stores have the info either.

Here is the US one.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MRW22LL/A/61w-usb-c-power-adapter

You could use your Apple Support App and ask them since it's not listed online
Thanks, I did ring apple support but they didn't know. I have bought one and it does come with the 15v/3amp profile. So for anyone else with this query, now you know.

Reactions: mofunk

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Great. I was just remembering from another post where they picked up a keyboard for the iPad and the Apple store was shipped US keyboards instead of the EU. I would think the power supplies would ship with the correct connectors. Thanks for your post. Now I'm reminded that I can just pick up the connector for my Apple brick when I travel to UK or Amsterdam :)