Apple (uk) are awesome.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Muler36, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Muler36 macrumors member

So I purchased the 15" MBP when it came out, as I was eager, but I knew I wanted the 17" ideally.

So today when the 17" came out, i went to my local store to try and return my 15", and then be without a laptop until the 17" started shipping.

I didn't expect them to even let me take my 15" back, but instead:

They accepted to take my 15" MBP back, and let me upgrade it to the 17" model, but heres the great bit:

They've allowed me to keep my 15" model in the meantime, until the 17" is shipping, I can then just pay the difference and swap over the laptops!

Thought i'd post about this as it seems theres more negatives than positives on this board, and this proves Apple really do have a pretty great customer service (for me that is)

:D

2. dylanmac macrumors newbie

dylanmac

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

That is good customer service, but it really depends how nice the person your talking to in the store is, not all Apple employees would do that for you.

4. jpvaz macrumors member

Amaizing service!!! Congratz on you're new 17" machine (when it arrives)...

5. lscangus macrumors 6502

Apple UK CS is top of the line, couldn't be any better. Absolutely tip top!

6. apolloa macrumors 604

apolloa

I have to say I agree, I don't think much of the Genius Bar technicians but that's just at my nearest store. They are fantastic however as I am waiting my third replacement Unibody MB Pro due to defects, they haven't questioned me once, fantastic service.

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

If you've had top put up with 2 lemons, they bloody well should be being nice.

8. AndyCro macrumors member

They let me do a similar thing with my refurfb C1D

the C2D revision came out three weeks later and they allowed me to send the refurb back for a full refund - no restock fee either, and then I bought the next revision with my student discount in store.

I was really impressed and very happy

9. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

I'm so jealous for all those peeps who live in a country with an official Apple store.

Thailand, (or the whole frekken south east asia) doesn't have any real Apple Store but some random Apple Premium Reseller which only know how to sell but not how to service.