Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

megamouse

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
Just coming down from Glasgow to London, was trying to find a 2.4GHz MBP.

Called Glasgow Store on Saturday, they had "a dozen of" old model in stock. But I could not made reservation.

Today (21st Oct) I finally made to the store, and I was told "They all GONE"

So I called Regent Street immediately, a honest sales rep told me that Apple UK has ordered all old models to be returned to, er....Apple, on Monday (20th Oct)

Price on Saturday was £1099 for a 2.4GHz, plus friend's discount was gonna to be around £1000 with Apple Care. Now I couldn't see any reseller would offer such price.....

On London Gumtree I saw someone post a ad saying he got a brand new sealed 2.5GHz from "From Company Excessive Stock", I wonder where I can find them....

Will call Apple Sales tomorrow, see whether I will have any luck, and anyone got any idea??

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
Do you think it's possible Apple finally decided to stop selling the older models with the faulty 8600 chips? So that the customers don't have to play Russian roulette with their "new" clearance machines, waiting for them to fail so they could bring them into Apple for repair?

But I see they're still for sale on the US Apple site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.