Apple UK HE Store Down

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacFanUK, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Is anyone able to get on the HE Store? I tried yesterday and tried again today but no joy, I keep getting 'oops. File not found.'. I just spoke to someone on the Apple Chat thing and she things it's down for maintenance.

2. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Sunday is usually the day of maintenance updates.

4. neil1980 macrumors 6502

I tried last night and it wasn't working then

5. tommyGB macrumors member

tommyGB

It has been down all week for me too!

Apple talk gave a special link to the HE store as I am not currently on campus. I figured it must have just run out and I'd have to ask for another link. Is that oops page coming after you click on the direct on campus link?

Tom

6. rossagrant macrumors member

Yeah it's still down guys, regardless of where you log in. On or off campus.
    Does anyone know what the procedure is once you order from the HE store? Does Apple contact you to go over your eliigibiility and how do you prove your student status? I could send them a scan of a letter or my card?

Hopefully should be back up soon as I need that Mac Pro!

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Buy through phone

8. rossagrant macrumors member

Yeah might have to just phone up but quite like playing around with configurations online to work out the best set up in my own time.
    If you process by phone how do you proove your student credentials?

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

They might ask something for proof. Play with configurations in normal online store and decide your dream configure and order it through phone. That's what I would do

10. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

It's really frustrating. I was about to pull the trigger on a MBP and a load of accessories :(

11. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

As I said above, buy through phone

12. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

No can do. I plan on buying quite a few accessories - it'd take ages on the phone :) then they'd screw something up.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Have you even tried buying on the phone?

14. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Ok, so I went on the Apple Store chat today and I was told that the HE store is back up, however they were not able to send me a link to it - they said I have to be on my universities network to access it or phone telesales. This is stupid because they've given links before.

Anyone else been given a link to the HE store?

Yes, I have but the point is, I am looking to buy a laptop, display, keyboard, mouse, speakers, laptop bag, iphone stand, iphone case, screen protector, etc. I don't want to be on the phone for that length of time :)

15. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

16. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I'm confused. That IS the ed store landing page.

17. bonswizzle macrumors member

bonswizzle

I have been given that exact same link before, several times, simply by saying I am at uni but currently off campus. My link used to work but seems to just say "oops" or something now, and when I tried to order a VGA adapter they said I had to call telesales the other day... The HE store was down for a long time though, strange.

18. MacFanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

The HE Store landing page is: http://apple.procureweb.ac.uk/he-individual.html which can only be accessed from a university network. However, in the past, the online chat reps have been able to give out direct URL's to allow us to enter the website without being on the uni network.

19. bonswizzle macrumors member

bonswizzle

I've ordered many things with my student discount, including my MacBook and several iPods over the years, and they've never asked me for any proof whatsoever of my studentship. I've also ordered whilst off campus with no confirmation needed several times.

20. STYF macrumors member

Here is a link but it's for the Warwick uni. You might be easier ordering over the phone, they are good as they will email you a confirmation that you can review before ordering.