Apple UK reservation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Muscleflex, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

So who managed to reserve one online last night after 9pm and collected today?

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Not me. I got to the point of choosing the model I wanted and logging in and then pressing confirm, only to be presented with a 'there are no pick ups available at this store' or something. Infuriating.

3. GeekPill macrumors member

I managed to get the reserve last night but it was slow and timing out within 5 seconds but finally managed to get it done.

Collected my iPad this morning and when I was waiting someone had problems; the site reserved for him but it wasn't on Apple's System, So they were trying to sort him out. To me it seemed that he was lieing to get one without reserving.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

5. Muscleflex thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm - i am kinda thinking whether to just return my black one and see if i can reserve a white one online as its the white i really wanted. altho the black is ok but i am returning mine tonight as there's a couple of scratches on the back. just kinda hoping they will have a replacement

6. leinad1980 macrumors member

same thing happened to me last night as well.

7. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Reserved one last night and picked up this morning.

Good luck guys.

8. jonnyb macrumors 65816

My evening ended last night with me rocking back and forth and emitting these high pitched squealing noises. It's not good for my health, all this.

Will I give it another go tonight? Yes, of course I will, because I'm an idiot.

9. Muscleflex thread starter macrumors 6502

have you guys not thought about just popping in to your stores? surely they must have some set aside for people popping in in person?
    goodluck anyway

i managed to get mine exchanged for a white one. there's still a very small hair scratch on it but that's just me being OCD - i am keeping this one.

i have not set brightness to full to see if the lights bleed as i am sure there will be some bleeding but i wont do it as i am happy with this

10. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I just called the Covent garden store and the guy I spoke to said the only way you can currently get an iPad instore is to reserve it online the night before. They are not doing any walk-in sales.

He asked me if I'd tried the online reservation system, and I just sarted rocking back and forth again, emitting high pitched squeals.

He put the phone down.

11. arcsbite Guest

I struggled with the website last night but finally managed to reserve a 32gb 3g in black (wanted white, but happy with black)

wne tto pick it up at 8am, and they sold me a white wifi only one lol
    spent 20mins in store while the new guy fixed it and switched it for me
    happy owner of an iPAd 2 now.

cancelled my apple online order that still states estimated delivery 25th april :eek: (ordered 6am March 25th)

12. Muscleflex thread starter macrumors 6502

haha. i think they are not meant to say anything on the phone tho.
    coz before i drove to meadowhall apple to return mine, i called them up to make sure they will have one to exchange as i told them i didnt want to drive 60miles for nothing and theres no way i am driving back but they said they didnt have stock.
    i went anyway for my appointment and it turned out that they had one for me to take home.
    so maybe it just depends on who you speak to... but goodluck! mine is back in the box - i really have no real use for it apart from web surfing :rolleyes: