Apple UK Store is down!

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
UK
But the US one isn't so probably nothing to worry about!

i.e.
UK Store Down + US Store up = Nothin' goin on!

But it (and .mac) are down a LOT lately. Apple are in deed up to something.

***Tiger will be out soon thread number 1 billion and 2***

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
wont be tiger but im guessing they are doing the groundwork behind it... the store has been up and down all week so they must be doing something to it. Maybe a huuuuuggge update!! Like PowerMacs, iBooks, Tiger, everything! Yey.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Probably just maintenance... Norway Store is down, too, but it's probably just to fix a couple of bugs that followed the last update, a few days ago, e.g. they added a large image with link to the new iPod photo gizmo, but when you followed the link you came to a blank page...

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Diatribe said:
German store is down too. US store usually goes down 1-2 hours after the European ones...
Very interesting...the usually only put the "post-it" up when they are adding stuff to the store/changing products (not fixing links)

Only problem is that is 6PM Eastern Time and 3PM Pacific Time, so the U.S. store will probably not be coming down at this time of day.

Qianlong

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2004
.BE
The Belgian store is also closed for the moment (midnight). I think something is coming up.

Go Tiger :p

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
I wouldn't get too excited until we see something definite. I've been involved in one or two threads like this before and NOTHING changed on the site. It could be routine maintenance or strictly back-end changes.

Hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. We'll see.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
feakbeak said:
I wouldn't get too excited until we see something definite. I've been involved in one or two threads like this before and NOTHING changed on the site. It could be routine maintenance or strictly back-end changes.

Hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. We'll see.
Yeah, the US site is still up. So probably no tiger and no G5 PB???? :mad:

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
No, kids, I really do think they are doing something major. I mean they've closed the stores 3 times now. I'm thinking they're ready to release a lot of new products. What else would require this much work? I can't wait till the morning!

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
SpaceMagic said:
No, kids, I really do think they are doing something major. I mean they've closed the stores 3 times now. I'm thinking they're ready to release a lot of new products. What else would require this much work? I can't wait till the morning!
In addition to new products, I think we may be looking at a total site re-design based on some recently introduced irregularities in the site graphics.

LGRW3919

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2005
cupertino (no joke)
us site is fine
this is really quite intriguing. does apple take down this many euro sites for anything besides product release and/or major site rebuilding?

Lincoln

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
UK
As I said when I started this post, I didn't expect any changes. And surprise surprise there was no change and no Tiger.

I stand by my earlier statement though, Apple are up to something, most likely laying the groundwork for Tiger. But we will have to wait until Apple are ready to anounce and/or release Tiger. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.