Apple UK warranty

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by caligula357, Apr 8, 2007.

1. caligula357 macrumors member

caligula357

i was wondering if there was something i should have done when i purchased my macbook from the education store.

according to the edu store, i have a 3 year limited parts and labour warranty, but do you have to actively do anything for this?
    (ie register online somewhere or something?)

:confused:

2. FireArse macrumors 6502a

you can check

Go to:

http://www.apple.com/uk/support

Halfway down type in your serial number. Its the easiest way of finding out how long you have left of your warranty

F

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

This does not work for the education 3 yr warranty. The extra 2 yrs are tied to the web order number and computer's serial number. There is no extra documentation or anything.

If you have a problem within the 3 yrs, call Apple and give them one of those numbers - it's as simple as that.

4. caligula357 thread starter macrumors member

caligula357

apple site would not give a countdown date, but did state that the warranty started from when apple shipped my macbook.

i still have all my order number and refs, so if anything did happen they could look it all up on their systems.

i was worried that there might have been a card with the macbook i forgot to send off, and apple would use that to wriggle out of any warranty claims :(