Apple universal dock stand????

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pooleman, Jun 6, 2012.

1. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Hello all,

Years ago I found this product by SENDSTATION. It's just a support that fits into the Apple universal dock so that you can dock a cased iPhone/iPod without having to remove the case. It also provided support for the top of the device so that all the strain is not on the docking port. They do not make these anymore but does anyone know of a company that makes a similar product? I have looked high and low on the web but no luck.

Here are some pics.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.jpg

2. davidra macrumors 6502

3. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

4. davidra macrumors 6502

Actually, it's not. The male part of the adapter fits very snugly into the phone and is quite solid, assuming the case is anything like the Lifeproof I have. The weak part is the bottom connection to the dock. Most docks aren't recessed and the phone and case may hang out there and wobble a bit, depending on the docking station. But the phone docking slot is very secure.

5. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

I don't feel the same about the "secure" feeling when the phone wobbles. With the dock accessory I pictured there is zero movement. That's what I am looking for.

6. animatedude macrumors 65816

Apple needs to update the Apple Universal Dock!

the Apple Universal Dock+Lightning to 30-pin Adapter works for my iPhone 5 but looks awful!

where's the Apple Universal Dock with lightening?

7. Zombie Woof macrumors newbie

I was in the Apple Store the other day and asked an associate about a dock. he said that they get a lot of people asking about one but they have no news of one being made by Apple.

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

9. animatedude macrumors 65816

that's different, he's talking about the iphone 5 dock not the Apple Universal Dock.

----------

good to hear many people are asking about it..