Apple universal dock stand????

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Hello all,

Years ago I found this product by SENDSTATION. It's just a support that fits into the Apple universal dock so that you can dock a cased iPhone/iPod without having to remove the case. It also provided support for the top of the device so that all the strain is not on the docking port. They do not make these anymore but does anyone know of a company that makes a similar product? I have looked high and low on the web but no luck.

Here are some pics.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.jpg

davidra

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I've seen those but I am not comfortable putting that adapter in the dock and then resting my iPhone on it. All of the strain and support is on the dock port, which is iPhone suicide.
Actually, it's not. The male part of the adapter fits very snugly into the phone and is quite solid, assuming the case is anything like the Lifeproof I have. The weak part is the bottom connection to the dock. Most docks aren't recessed and the phone and case may hang out there and wobble a bit, depending on the docking station. But the phone docking slot is very secure.

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Actually, it's not. The male part of the adapter fits very snugly into the phone and is quite solid, assuming the case is anything like the Lifeproof I have. The weak part is the bottom connection to the dock. Most docks aren't recessed and the phone and case may hang out there and wobble a bit, depending on the docking station. But the phone docking slot is very secure.
I don't feel the same about the "secure" feeling when the phone wobbles. With the dock accessory I pictured there is zero movement. That's what I am looking for.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
Apple needs to update the Apple Universal Dock!

the Apple Universal Dock+Lightning to 30-pin Adapter works for my iPhone 5 but looks awful!

where's the Apple Universal Dock with lightening?

Zombie Woof

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
the Apple Universal Dock+Lightning to 30-pin Adapter works for my iPhone 5 but looks awful!

where's the Apple Universal Dock with lightening?
I was in the Apple Store the other day and asked an associate about a dock. he said that they get a lot of people asking about one but they have no news of one being made by Apple.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.