Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple-owned Beats has unveiled new limited-edition Beats Studio Pro in collaboration with streetwear brand Stüssy. In the U.S., the headphones will be available on stussy.com for $349.99 starting this Friday, December 15 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.

Stussy-Beats.jpg

The headphones feature beige ear cups and a black headband with Stüssy branding. Hypebeast says the design was inspired by 1990s personal electronics.

Beats Studio Pro launched in July, with regular color options including Black, Deep Brown, Navy, and Sandstone. The over-ear headphones offer active noise cancellation, spatial audio support, quick pairing with Apple and Android devices, USB-C charging with up to 40 hours of battery life, and more. Audio can be played wirelessly via Bluetooth 5.3, or over a wired connection via the USB-C port or the 3.5mm headphone jack.

Stussy-Beats-2.jpg

Beats has routinely collaborated with music artists, athletes, streetwear brands, and other partners to create limited-edition headphones.

Keep in mind that Amazon currently has the regular Beats Studio Pro colors on sale for $179.95 in the U.S., down from $349.99.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Apple Unveils New Limited-Edition Beats Studio Pro

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
They should have used the S that everyone carved into their school desks.
That "S" is not the Stüssy "S"

S.png

though it's often referred to as the Stüssy "S"

Pretty much every forum on the web mentions Stussy—the Californian surf/street-wear company founded in the 80s. A lot of people seem convinced the symbol was originally a Stussy logo, so I called Stussy.

"No, this is not an original Stussy Logo," stated Emmy Coates, who has worked alongside Shawn Stussy since 1985. "I personally get asked this a lot, but people have been drawing this 'S' long before Stussy was established. People have just assumed it was Stussy, and it's sort of spread from there. It's actually quite amusing."

npmacuser5

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Apple really knows the future trends. Individual media now the trending. Each family member watching, listening, doing. The new generation has zero interest in the family movie night. The tastes in all media across a family moving away from a consensus. The big screen movie night, the family all watch a TV show fading. The whole house sound really hard to get even two family members to agree on. Plus, my neighbor cranks his very nicle sounding system. The problem, not so much the sound volume. We cannot agree on the genre being played. Another good move Apple. Will keep peace in the family.😎

sflagel

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2012
Apple really knows the future trends. Individual media now the trending. Each family member watching, listening, doing. The new generation has zero interest in the family movie night. The tastes in all media across a family moving away from a consensus. The big screen movie night, the family all watch a TV show fading. The whole house sound really hard to get even two family members to agree on. Plus, my neighbor cranks his very nicle sounding system. The problem, not so much the sound volume. We cannot agree on the genre being played. Another good move Apple. Will keep peace in the family.😎
In our case, it's usually the mum disagreeing with the movie of choice. My teen and I are aligned and love to watch movies together.

Reactions: orbital~debris

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York

View attachment 2324110

Pretty much every forum on the web mentions Stussy—the Californian surf/street-wear company founded in the 80s. A lot of people seem convinced the symbol was originally a Stussy logo, so I called Stussy.

"No, this is not an original Stussy Logo," stated Emmy Coates, who has worked alongside Shawn Stussy since 1985. "I personally get asked this a lot, but people have been drawing this 'S' long before Stussy was established. People have just assumed it was Stussy, and it's sort of spread from there. It's actually quite amusing."
Tell that to all the school desks that used it as the S in Stussy. At some point it became one in the same. The same way people say "Just google it" when in reality they mean 'Just search for it online" Google the company is now a term synonymous with searching for something.

Reactions: orbital~debris

spcopsmac21

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009

View attachment 2324110

Ahhhhhh you’re making me feel old. Stoppppppit

• Haha
Reactions: surfzen21

missingar

Suspended
Jun 22, 2023
Not me over here wondering what a stussy is...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.