Apple Up to date...Not up to date....

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by AmbiguousNinja, Jul 20, 2011.

1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Apple's up to date page is still not updated...Not complaining since I'm getting Lion for free anyway but you'd think they'd update it when Lion was released...

2. buckyballs macrumors regular

3. Xtreambar macrumors regular

Even though I bought my iMac on June 8 through Apple, the up-to-date program is saying my computer is ineligible. It seems they still have some kinks to work out.

4. jbanger macrumors 6502

bought a maxed out 27" on June 25th, it tells me that my serial number is ineligible too? :mad:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

patience my young padawan, apple will update the link

7. jbanger macrumors 6502

it's 11.10pm here, i want to start the dl before i go to bed ;)

8. buckyballs macrumors regular

I would go to bed tbh. If you read the T&C's, it could be 24 hours between submitting your claim and obtaining your redeem code, as I'm guessing all of them are being checked over by a human (checking your receipt)

9. jbanger macrumors 6502

that's the problem, it won't let me submit as it says my serial on a 3 week old bto imac is invalid

10. KyleGP macrumors member

I'm getting ineligible serial number too. Purchased mine on June 27th.
    I'm getting really pissed off since tonight was gonna be the night and all the Apple call centres are closed here.

So what now?

11. jbanger macrumors 6502

12. buckyballs macrumors regular

Crikey, it's only a bit of software! Just ring them tomorrow...

13. jbanger macrumors 6502

all sorted, lion is downloading and i'm off to bed....:D

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Spend 30 bucks if you absolutely need it today, or just wait until apple straightens it out.

15. Petrichor macrumors newbie

This is probably going to look ridiculous since I'm posting everywhere but

I'm trying to look out for people who had the same problem as I did, (with the up-to-date, serial thing).

It seems that the problem is simply due to the servers being swamped on the up-to-date-page (too many people requesting at once). Ironic, since the actual OS itself has been set up to download extremely smoothly, but some people (in the up-to-date-boat) can't get to that point

Just in case anyone else has this problem, your serial number, etc, is probably valid, and in the worst case scenario you could call them, update now by paying, and then have them give you a refund within 24 hours. But for now, I would just wait, and try again in a little while. Either way, don't pay for no reason

Oh, and got this info from calling them. There's usually a credibility issue on MacRumors. Sigh.

16. WesCole macrumors 6502a

+1 on the up-to-date program not recognizing my serial number on my eligible 27" iMac purchased on Jun. 25.

Edit: Just got off the phone with Apple and they said it was just an issue with the servers being swamped and I should just try again later this afternoon. That works for me; I am not in a hurry to upgrade anyway. :)

17. moneyman118 macrumors 6502

did they tell you that they would credit back the $ if you were eligible for the up-to-date?