apple update friday too?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamskier, Sep 23, 2009.

1. iamskier macrumors member

think that apple will come out with an update along side with att's carrier file update to fix some of the bug issues with 3.1 on friday?

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Some people think so and some dont. No one knows for sure.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doubtful, since ATT is the only iPhone carrier not to support MMS. Other carriers have had MMS since day one, so there's no reason why apple would provide an update friday.

4. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i thought had MMS before, it just wasnt available for the iphone, thats how people were using swirly MMS and all those jailbroken programs

5. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

It'd be amazing if Apple released an update on Friday to attack these battery issues.

But I doubt they would release an update so early, or so fast like they did 3.0.1.

6. rjsmith18 macrumors member

rjsmith18

I believe Apple will look further into the issues before releasing an update. That is unless people really start to complain.

7. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

8. semlohde macrumors member

Can't you just see the complaints and problems if att AND apple do an update at the same day. It's att's problem, no - it's apple's. There would be problems all over the place. Let att do their thing, see how that goes. I'd never update both at the same time - IF they came out the same day. And who knows all the fun that what lurks in the att release?

9. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Apple release 3.0.1 to fix a major security vulnerability that was going to be made public.

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

4 beta's and they did not appear to even try to fix anything.

I bet you'll see fixes when they release next year's iphone.