Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Earlier this month, Apple launched a new "Guided Tours" section on its dedicated Apple Watch website, showcasing several Apple Watch walkthrough videos designed to teach prospective buyers how various features work on the device. As of today, Apple has updated the site with four new videos, covering Phone Calls, Siri, Maps, and Music.

applewatchguidedtours-800x479.jpg
The first video, on Phone Calls, walks users through how phone calls work on the Apple Watch. It displays options for answering incoming calls and making outgoing calls. There are several options when receiving a phone call -- it can be muted by covering the Apple Watch with a hand or a response message can be sent by scrolling up with the digital crown. Making a call can be done through the "Friends" button on the side, or through Siri.

Apple's Guided Tour videos are a useful resource for both prospective buyers and those who have already pre-ordered an Apple Watch, as they highlight both Apple Watch features and the way they're accessed on the device. We've learned from reviews that learning to control the Apple Watch and becoming accustomed to its input methods can take some time, so these videos are a great way to get a heads up on Apple Watch features ahead of launch.

Apple still has three additional videos that have yet to be uploaded to the page, including "Apple Pay," "Activity," and "Fitness." We'll likely see those added to the site next week, ahead of the device's April 24 ship date.

The Apple Watch can be pre-ordered from the Apple online store, with prices that start at $349. Apple Watch demand has been high, so orders placed today will not ship out until June and beyond, depending on model.

Article Link: Apple Updates Apple Watch 'Guided Tours' Site With Videos on Phone Calls, Siri, Music, and Maps

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
curious if the alarm is an audible/silent vibrating alarm on the watch or just a phone alarm. The nice thing about the Pebble and Jawbone UP is that you can set them to vibrate to wake you up, though Apple is certainly billing this as a charge by night not a sleep and wear device. Haven't seen them boasting about sleep tracking like Fitbits and UPs do.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
the Map video doesn't play for me.. :(

Same for me unfortunately! The website seems a bit buggy. Maybe they'll work better on YouTube

These just went up one by one so Maps might still be uploading. The others weren't playing 20 minutes ago either. They should be on YouTube in a couple hours.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
These just went up one by one so Maps might still be uploading. The others weren't playing 20 minutes ago either. They should be on YouTube in a couple hours.

seriously? the biggest company in the world, can't upload 3-4 of 2 minutes video correctly? *sighs*

Mike Delta

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I didn't hear anything about being able to play music through the Apple watches speakers.

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
All work for me on my iMac. One important question I have about the music ap though is will iTunes radio be able to be controlled using the apple watch or just stored music? Reason I ask is because I have no stored music, I use iTunes radio and spotify. If not, I guess pandora it is for my radio needs (or wait until spotify release an apple watch app :)

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
map finally works now.

now.. Google needs to make one, I rarely use Apple Map on my phone and i hate to start using it now

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
I wonder how this would sound if Jony Ive did it.

"First, we took Apple Maps and started from the ground up. With revolutionary force touch, you now have even more control, more extraordinary menus, with just your finger. And with our most personal device yet, we wanted to make sure you feel your directions. With a tap on your wrist, you will know exactly when to turn, in a truly personal manner. It is the best Apple Maps yet."

Last edited:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i guess apple wasn't using a 12 core nMP for the export instead they were using a new Macbook...

Cool videos the maps one played for me...

map finally works now.

now.. Google needs to make one, I rarely use Apple Map on my phone and i hate to start using it now
Google does need to get on this ASAP!

RockSpider

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
Come on I'm so over this watch, I mean I love it and all that, and I love it that they gave one to that old half dead billionaire, such a sign of respect, but I wanna hear some stories about the new powerhouse MacBook.

You know the one with the powerhouse 1.1ghz processor, actually, I thought that was dead too.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
Come on I'm so over this watch, I mean I love it and all that, and I love it that they gave one to that old half dead billionaire, such a sign of respect, but I wanna hear some stories about the new powerhouse MacBook.

You know the one with the powerhouse 1.1ghz processor, actually, I thought that was dead too.

In all seriousness (not sure if serious), there was an article that explained the 1.1ghz processor was indeed underpowered compared to MacBook Airs currently available. But added that the 1.2ghz mid-range option fared much better, closer in the gap with the MacBook Airs of today. It then mentioned the made to order 1.3 ghz higher end option has not been seen in benchmarks yet and we likely won't until they are delivered to customers. If that's what you're referring to, stay tuned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.