Apple Updates Battery Cover - Rubber Pads

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allanibanez, Nov 29, 2008.

1. allanibanez macrumors regular

I read that Apple have added rubbed pads to the battery covers on MB and MBP after the initial problems they had with them being loose. Someone mentioned this inside a topic in this part of the forum and I have searched and searched to try and find out more information about this, but to no avail!

Anyone have any information on this they could share?

Also, as Apple have acknowledged the fault and provided a solution for it, does it mean all of us without the rubber pads can get hold of them? I only ask this as mine is a little loose.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm confused to what you're asking; you don't have rubber pads and you want them? I'm sure Apple isn't that cheap to deny you that!

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I think he's talking about on the inside to make it not slide around like mad, as opposed to the rubber feet on the bottom.

It would be great if they are offering this. Mines is ridiculously loose. It moves when I pick it up, and even just setting it on its side it move back and forth. The crud that gets in it is really disheartening.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I see. My doesn't have any rubber pads eithers, but it's not really loose or anything.

5. ecko5 macrumors newbie

i had one shipped to me with the rubber pads shortly after i got my macbook.

didn't help the situation in fact it made it harder to take the cover off and put it on.

all i got from them was "it's within specs"

6. allanibanez thread starter macrumors regular

So they sent you a new battery cover...but it didn't help?

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Can you tell me the difference between the one with rubber and the one without? Cause my cover is all bare with just one small felt/rubbery like strip (that's not grippy).

Also my thing is starting to slide. Might be related to me taking the cover off twice a day?