Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Updates Epson Printer Drivers for Snow Leopard

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today released Epson Printer Drivers v2.3.1 for Mac OS X v10.6, bringing updated support for a number of Epson printers and multifunction devices. The full download, which weighs in at 688.23 MB, requires Mac OS X 10.6.3.

Apple maintains an extensive list of current printer support for Snow Leopard, with the latest changes to Epson's drivers included in the appropriate section.

Article Link: Apple Updates Epson Printer Drivers for Snow Leopard

---

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
Canada
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today released Epson Printer Drivers v2.3.1 for Mac OS X v10.6, bringing updated support for a number of Epson printers and multifunction devices. The full download, which weighs in at 688.23 MB, requires Mac OS X 10.6.3.

Apple maintains an extensive list of current printer support for Snow Leopard, with the latest changes to Epson's drivers included in the appropriate section.

Article Link: Apple Updates Epson Printer Drivers for Snow Leopard

I can't wait for the next update!!!!!!!

Comment

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
This is ridiculous, what ever happened to plug and play printers?

I hate having 5 driver updates totaling ~700 MB in my Software Update.

I guess that is what you get when you have to use HP, Epson, Canon, Brother, and Xerox printers. Gurr. HP SUCKS!!!

Comment

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
This is ridiculous, what ever happened to plug and play printers?

I hate having 5 driver updates totaling ~700 MB in my Software Update.

I guess that is what you get when you have to use HP, Epson, Canon, Brother, and Xerox printers. Gurr. HP SUCKS!!!

That's weird. I have an epson printer and my update was only 20 or 30 MB. it's the artisan 810.

Comment

marcre

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
East coast
For my printer, I lost the ability to chose if I want to just print in black and white. I hope this update brings that functionality back.

Comment

mobi

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2004
Penn's Woods
Anyone using a Epson R2400 with Snow Leopard? Ours hasn't been the same since using Tiger on a G5 iMac??

Comment

wunderboy

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
Epson told me that this release was going to add the ability to align printheads for the R2880. However, it does not. Guess I need to send another Email to them. :confused:

Comment

prints42

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
Are you running it through the "rosetta" provided by Epson?

Anyone using a Epson R2400 with Snow Leopard? Ours hasn't been the same since using Tiger on a G5 iMac??

I have the R2400 also and have been putting off upgrading from
Mac OS 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard. I have not found anyone who is using the 2400 and making prints with the ABW (advanced black & white) features in Epson print driver while using the Rosetta provided by Epson. Black and white printing is my main use for this Mac and would like to know if you can successfully use the ABW functions specifically in Snow leopard w/ the rosetta emulator. Have you installed it?

Good luck.
Cheers,
Douglas Stocks

http://douglasstocks.com

Comment

Cellswor

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2010
Epson Artisan 810 Config Help Needed

That's weird. I have an epson printer and my update was only 20 or 30 MB. it's the artisan 810.

I'm a new Mac user and have the latest Epson drivers loaded for my Epson Artisan 810. However, I have lost my printer dialog box that enables me to set print quality, duplex setting, paper quality & tray, etc. (same issue on my Windows XP virtual machine). Basically, I can only print single page, normal quality from default drawer. Can anyone provide suggests how I can reconfigure this printer to do what it's supposed to? Many thanks in advance!

Comment

durija

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Is there a way to only grab the drivers for one Epson printer (specifically the R340)? I'd rather not use up 700MB+ on my hard drive to essentially install one printer. I went to the Epson site, but I could only find drivers listed for OS X up to 10.4 and I'm running 10.6.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.