Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its online store with a new collection of Apple Watch bands, iPhone cases, and the Sony DualShock 4 controller. For Apple Watch bands, this includes three new Sport Bands: Pomegranate, Beryl, and Khaki.

new-bands-nov-2019.jpg

There's only one new Sport Loop, and it's for the (Product)Red initiative. This is the new dual-color style Sport Loop, with two shades of red along the length of the band.

product-red-sport-loop-2019.jpg

There are also two new Hermès bands: Noir/Brique/Étain Swift Leather Double Tour and Noir/Brique/Étain Swift Leather Single Tour.

new-hermes-nov-2019.jpg

For iPhone, you can get the new Beryl and Pomegranate colors in a Silicone Case for the iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max.

iphone-new-silicone-cases.jpg

Sony's DualShock 4 controller has also been added to Apple.com at a price of $59.95. In iOS 13 and tvOS 13, you can connect either a DualShock 4 or Xbox Wireless Controller to your Apple device to play compatible games or even control your PS4 remotely via Sony's Remote Play iOS app.

iOS-13-ps4-dualshock.jpg

Lastly, Otterbox recently launched the Figura Series Otter + Pop cases for iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max. These cases are exclusive to Apple and combine Otterbox's protection with a built-in PopSocket accessory, for $59.95.

pop-socket-otterbox.jpg

Apple updated its online store today alongside the release of the 16-inch MacBook Pro, which is now available to order starting at $2,399 in the United States. Our announcement post has more information on the new MacBook Pro.

Article Link: Apple Updates Online Store With New Watch Bands, Silicone Cases for iPhone 11 Pro, and Sony's DualShock 4

Last edited:

phalseHUD

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
Digital Sprawl
The iPhone 11, Pro & Max Otter + Pop cases are disappointing. The design is broken in kickstand use and makes the iPhone top heavy. You can't touch the phone without it toppling over. Not what I've come to expect from OtterBox...

Worked perfectly on the iPhone 8. Then again the 8 didn't have a wide angle lens in the camera.

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Uh, I like the new red Sport Loop. I wonder if it will pair well to a space grey aluminium case!

From the picture I'd say this band could look better with the space grey than the aluminum. I don't usually buy watch bands, happy with my black sport loop, but I'm tempted by this red one.

Reactions: artfossil

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Who pays that retail price for DualShock 4!?

I generally never see them discounted though. Sometimes you see the ‘limited Edition’ dual shock controller‘s that have markdowns if nobody’s purchasing them, but the standard black dual shock controller is always $59.99 through major retailers in my area.

Reactions: BoricuaHec01

thenahon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2019
Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Dislcaimer: I side graded from the iPhone XS to the 11. Apple won’t make colorful cases let alone leather products for the iPhone 11 because he 11 is for the “poors” and the poors don’t get colorful things.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
I generally never see them discounted though. Sometimes you see the ‘limited Edition’ dual shock controller‘s that have markdowns if nobody’s purchasing them, but the standard black dual shock controller is always $59.99 through major retailers in my area.
Ever look it up on Amazon or Walmart?
Walmart always have that below retail.
[automerge]1573685167[/automerge]
i did to get the limited edition rose gold color...
Looks like a 3rd party seller on Walmart.com is offering for less than retail.

TacoChowder

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2019
It's $44 on amazon right now

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Ever look it up on Amazon or Walmart?
Walmart always have that below retail

Right, I’m just indicating that in the actual store itself, I never seen them discounted. Perhaps Walmart online might have them somewhat cheaper, but in the actual store, I never really see them discounted, unless it’s like a limited edition controller that is on clearance or wasn’t selling for whatever reason.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
They didn’t even do silicone for the XR, at least its successor the 11 got that.

Yeah but also worth noting the 11 only has basic black and white, with the whole palette of Silicone colours and leather cases altogether locked out exclusively for Pro users, which has now received even more choice. And in Spring, the Pro will get more even more colours.

At least when they released the iPhone X and 8 at the same time for the same product cycle, the 'less premium' iPhone 8 still had leather cases and all colours for silicone.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
The Noir Hermès is also gone. I guess it really was a limited edition.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Right, I’m just indicating that in the actual store itself, I never seen them discounted. Perhaps Walmart online might have them somewhat cheaper, but in the actual store, I never really see them discounted, unless it’s like a limited edition controller that is on clearance or wasn’t selling for whatever reason.
That is very strange. Thought Walmart's prices are nationwide.
My local area is always less that $59.99.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
I wish they came out with a couple of new colour choices for the leather cases

That Beryl Silicone Case looks very christmassy though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.