Apple Updates YouTube app on ATV, and breaks it! Woo!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by VideoBeagle, Dec 10, 2014.

1. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

So, I found the YouTube Channel on ATV is BRAND NEW!!!

It even had a flag on it saying it's new!

And it's all different looking...much more cluttered. So Good Choice there.

BUT, my big problem...when I'm signed in (which is no longer signing in with Login and Password for youtube but with the kind of "type this code into a website" authorization scheme)...the WATCH LATER playlist shows the first 20...and that's it. It doesn't let you scroll further down.

I'm not pleased by that.

Anyone else having this issue, or is it on mine only?

2. Irishman macrumors 68030

At least your ATV shows the updated app.

My ATV2 doesn't show it.

3. 2010mini macrumors 68040

I thought channel updates came from the company that makes them, and not apple???

YouTube is not an Apple product. Correct?

4. mic j macrumors 68030

Correct. Quality of apps are the responsibility of the author not Apple.

5. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

Be glad. The ads ruin the new app.

6. Irishman macrumors 68030

Does Youtube on the ATV enable 60 fps playback??

7. StinDaWg macrumors 6502

I don't think the ATV supports framerates higher than 30 fps.

8. Irishman macrumors 68030

9. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

Tried the other day to play a video on Android Authority YouTube channel and it told be that to view the video I had to disable safe search. I am also getting that quite often viewing YouTube on the computer.

Well I watched on ProTube and the video was harmless as was the other videos the other devices flagged being offensive which they were not. Just like the new Star Wars trailer nothing bad at all but it was blocked with the worthless safe search.

One video I viewed somewhere else with the F word in the comments in the actual video (person was reading user comments on the video) played no problem was not flagged as offensive and played with safe search on.

Just like there useless Google Search safe search innocent stuff gets blocked but offensive stuff comes through fine.

10. a1b2c3 macrumors newbie

Strange I have no trouble at all with the new YouTube app. I love it and is a big improvement in my opinion. Ads are no big deal, seconds later you can skip them. In the past the only ways I have found fixing apps that have issues is doing a reset on the Apple TV.

11. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

Not on most channels like Cnet you can't. I tried but I have to watch the same stupid ads of that annoying guy I want to punch in the face selling a TV and those two screaming brats opening up Norton AV.

12. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

on my :apple: tv 3 on any youtube subscription that I've tried so far ... watch 5 seconds of the ad for the video then press right on circle click area to skip the rest of the ad ... it'll show you the area to click on the remote on screen after the 5 second delay ..

13. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

I don't mind the ads, but I am constantly having to sign back in. It is really annoying.