Apple updating online store, and my iMac just shipped...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by -FlyAuburn-, Jun 13, 2010.

1. -FlyAuburn- macrumors regular

Ok, so here's the deal. My iMac 27" has just shipped for an estimated delivery of June 18th. I just went to the website for tracking purposes and it says they are updating the online store!!!!!

What will Apple or has Apple historically done in this situation? If they release updated specs in the next 24 hours what will they do for me since I just ordered this 4 days ago? Will they allow me to turn it back in for a new one via the 14 day return policy?

2. Mr.T macrumors member

Although I have no experience in the matter, I'd assume, unfortunately for you, that you will get what you paid for.

I hope if your product is refreshed, you do get a better unit then what you were expecting though!

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Relax, it's Sunday. No products are being updated. :rolleyes:

4. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Yes.

I have gotten things swapped out and returned without a restock fee even beyond the 14 days when there was a hardware refresh.

You might be able to take it to the store for a swap out assuming that they do an update.

We bought an 08 Mini about 20 days before the 09's came out, called the store, explained it to them and they told me to bring it in to swap it out.

5. -FlyAuburn- thread starter macrumors regular

Did you have to pay the restocking fee? Still, even if you
    did that is pretty good stuff for them to do that, and what I was hoping for.

Thanks.

6. -FlyAuburn- thread starter macrumors regular

Well, the store is just now down for updates this morning, so somebody is working today!

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sunday is routine maintenance day. Again, no product updates will happen on a Sunday.

8. -FlyAuburn- thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh. Thanks. You just gave me the warm fuzzies.