Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I got my apple kit box on Wednesday. It says have 14 days to ship from receipt of new phone.

Uh. I only got the kit not though so why would I have less time.

Anyone have experience in returning phones and dates?

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
I got my apple kit box on Wednesday. It says have 14 days to ship from receipt of new phone.

Uh. I only got the kit not though so why would I have less time.

Anyone have experience in returning phones and dates?

You don’t have less time than anyone else. Everyone who is shipping their old phone back to Apple receives the trade in kit a few days after receiving the new phone. In my case, I received the new phone on 9/21, the trade in kit on 9/25 (4 days after receiving the new phone due to the weekend), shipped the trade in kit back to Apple on the same day, and received an email on 9/27 that my trade in was complete (6 days after receiving my new phone). 14 days is plenty of time.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
You don’t have less time than anyone else. Everyone who is shipping their old phone back to Apple receives the trade in kit a few days after receiving the new phone. In my case, I received the new phone on 9/21, the trade in kit on 9/25 (4 days after receiving the new phone due to the weekend), shipped the trade in kit back to Apple on the same day, and received an email on 9/27 that my trade in was complete (6 days after receiving my new phone). 14 days is plenty of time.
It was a question. Not sure they count weekends. I'm shipoing mine tomorrow. Gets there Wednesday so I'll meet the cut off of Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.