Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
I just attempted to check my iPhone upgrade eligibility. I've been making payments to Citizen's One Bank for almost 12 months now. I had no problem with my upgrade to the iPhone 7 last year. This is the message I saw when I just checked my eligibility:

"It looks like you're not enrolled yet. Your iPhone isn't registered for the iPhone Upgrade Program..."

I don't understand why I got this message. I tried to check this several different times & got the same message. Has anyone else attempted to check their eligibility? Any problems?

Reactions: 5pctoff

Damstr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2016
I tried earlier today and it worked fine. Says I was eligible to upgrade now. I would call/chat with Apple and see what's up.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
I just attempted to check my iPhone upgrade eligibility. I've been making payments to Citizen's One Bank for almost 12 months now. I had no problem with my upgrade to the iPhone 7 last year. This is the message I saw when I just checked my eligibility:

"It looks like you're not enrolled yet. Your iPhone isn't registered for the iPhone Upgrade Program..."

I don't understand why I got this message. I tried to check this several different times & got the same message. Has anyone else attempted to check their eligibility? Any problems?
Did you happen to get a replacement phone? That can sometimes mess it up. I had an issue last year with my Dad's phone, it seems their "automated system" changed his serial # at some point. Don't ask me, that's what they said. Call apple support to sort it out asap.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
There is a place to change the phone that is attached to the account in the Apple Store app; I had mine replaced and I checked to be sure it had the replacement, but I know this was an issue in many cases!

When you click 'check your eligibility', mine comes up with a 'Tell us a few details about your iPhone' and you can verify/update the Serial Number and IMEI (last four digits) number there.

Jvjlite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2015
I just spoke with an Apple Representative. He said that I have not yet reached my Upgrade eligibility date. I will check again after the date he gave me to see if my eligibility shows up. If not, I have a case # to go back to Apple with.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
When did you enroll? I enrolled in October last year and I did the pre-approval and I am eligible for an upgrade. Plus my 12th payment takes place on the 15th. So I'm all set. Plus I was able to do this on my non-iup iPhone that I have and had no issues. I think it's tied to your apple ID since the iUP phone is in the drawer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.