Apple Upgrade Program email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Mar 24, 2017.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I just got an email that says I am eligible to upgrade now with the Apple upgrade program. It has photos of the new red iPhones. I have done the Apple upgrade program twice...each time on launch day so I got my iPhone 7plus on launch day...I wonder why it has me eligible now? Anyone else get this? I'm not going to upgrade as I am debating switching to Verizon and I would do that when I switch but not yet.

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yep. I just swapped my 7 for a plus last week and was 6 months in. Don't forget you'll have to pay off the last 6 months which was about $182 for me plus the tax and first payment for the new phone.

4. Honeymoon macrumors newbie

Honeymoon

Interesting. Which carrier do you have? I'm currently on version and know I'm available for an update. But I don't know. And I'm not sure if this apple payment plan I'm on via Verizon is considered part of the Apple upgrade program? To be honest, I don't recall reading anything about the Apple Update Program? But I received an email as well. Is this what your email looked like?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Lowgun84 macrumors newbie

Lowgun84

Sounds similar to the next program with at&t you can always upgrade early just pay off the remaining installments due.

6. jbachandouris, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017

jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I didn't get that email, but I checked on Apple.com to see if I was eligible. Since I have the 128GB 7+, I have to pay $249.98...or just wait for the iPhone 8...

After this months payment: $208

7. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

It looked somewhat similar but the subject was that I am eligible to upgrade and had a paragraph or two about that at the beginning. I have ATT now

I guess it makes sense if one can upgrade after 6 months. I'll just wait until the year is up and then upgrade and maybe switch to Verizon for the next phone:). I am so tempted by that gorgeous red color though!!

8. Honeymoon macrumors newbie

Honeymoon

Yeah. But sounds like you have a good plan if you want to switch carriers. Plus, that pretty RED phone might be less money by the time you make the switch from AT&T to VZW

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh I'll get the 8 instead! I like the new stuff! The red is tempting! If it had a black front I would be even more tempted! I can stick with ATT now that they gave us tethering too! I was about 3 hours from switching;)! Hopefully there will be a red 8! Or something fun! Stopped by the store to see it and it is pretty:).

10. Ca_lvn macrumors member

Apple has really good marketing A few months before the new phone release they just change colors to promote sales and upgrades , amazing what red can do