Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Hello everyone I hope you're all well!

I was wondering those of you who have already gone through the process of using the upgrade program how easy was it? Were you able to get a reservation on the day of the launch and get your phones on launch day? Did it take long and would you recommend it?

I've always got my iPhones delivered to my house but I have to go in store for the upgrade program and I hope it doesn't take long.

Thanks!

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Super easy. I was nervous because so many people were being denied for the program but I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.

Hope it's the same for me. I don't really loan stuff just my sim only plan and never missed a payment and money is always in my account.

YoungCalusa

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2014
Florida, USA
I read the nightmarish experiences last year on launch day then I went the day after launch with a reservation and was out in 15 minutes, quick and painless

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
I read the nightmarish experiences last year on launch day then I went the day after launch with a reservation and was out in 15 minutes, quick and painless

Ok thanks for the reply I hope mine will be painless too. Is it quick to make the reservation from the app?

kougra6541

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
Ok thanks for the reply I hope mine will be painless too. Is it quick to make the reservation from the app?
I believe you don't need to make an appointment anymore this year. You can sign up for the upgrade program through the website!

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
I was afraid of all the horror stories from launch day so I made it for the day after and got exactly what I wanted, a 64GB Gold Plus

I want it day one because the report where Apple said that they will sell out of Iphone 7 makes me want it right away so I don't wait weeks or over a month to get the phone.

YoungCalusa

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2014
Florida, USA
I want it day one because the report where Apple said that they will sell out of Iphone 7 makes me want it right away so I don't wait weeks or over a month to get the phone.
I'll be going day one as well since I want a jet black 128GB, based on last year there was plenty of stock for a couple days after

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.