Apple Upgrade Program Requirements

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by engelke2010, Sep 18, 2016.

1. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I've been using ATT Next program. I am not paying the phone off. Can I do the Apple Upgrade Program?

2. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

You can do the upgrade program anytime you want. It's unrelated to any carrier program. You just have to figure out how cancelling your next program works. You probably either have to pay the phone off and sell it or see if there is a way to cancel it and turn in the phone.

3. engelke2010 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is the message I get so I wasn't sure if I could do it.

Attached Files:

4. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

It looks like you have to pay off your balance to AT&T before you can end their program. Apple can't hook a new phone up to your line if you are still part of the next program with at&t. I know you don't want to, but if you pay it off the phone is yours and the resale value will offset some of the cost.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Did you click "Continue" and if so, does it let you purchase it?

I got a similar message along the line of "You are still under contract" or something to that effect.

6. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

Guys is it possible to enter the upgrade program half way through the year for the 2017 iPhone if I already purchased the iphone7?

Does already having my own phone for 2016 (that isn't iUP) disqualify me from being part of the iUP in 2017?

Or is it still possible to sign up for iUP 2017 and still be considered a iPhone 8 iUP customer for prioritization?