Apple upgrade program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbluhp, Sep 14, 2016.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

The Apple upgrade program what is the credit requirements? Also is it any better than the upgrade programs the carriers offers? Apple would not allow me to get an iPhone 7 as a new customer for some reason.

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

No one actually knows the requirements,As some with extremely high credit get turned down. I have average,Maybe a tad below average and got approve for it,but my GF that has a 720 score with no outstanding credit got denied.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

Citizens Bank runs the program, so it is dependent on their underwriting standards. Last year it was basically on par with carrier programs except that AppleCare+ is a mandatory purchase. This year, with the carrier promotions, it's a tougher call. If you are sure that you will upgrade to the next iPhone it is still basically a wash (except apparently Apple will do a better job prioritizing upgrade plan holders with in-store stock if this week's moves are any indication), but if you think you will keep it for 2 years then the carrier trade-ins are a better deal right now.

4. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Verizon's trade in is only a monthly credit.

5. Stephencovar macrumors member

I wonder what the credit requirements are also. I have a 610 score based off of credit karma. I wonder what my approval odds are...

6. colbearnation macrumors newbie

I actually applied last year (many times) and was rejected to I just bought the phone outright. This year I was rejected but they have an appeal process. Credit score thresholds may be low, but I was denied because something about my address didn't match up. They told me that my address didn't show up as residential so they had to confirm. After the appeal process I purchased the phone through IUP and it went through just fine. Of course now I'll have to wait until November to get my Jet Black + whereas if they had their stuff together I could have had it in hand by now.