Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Lou-X

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2016
Can I buy an adapter like let's say that monoprice ethernet one, and plug it in the usb port in the Apple AV adapter?

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Do you own this adapter? If so how is it?

I have them for my Dell XPS, but I'm still waiting for my Macbook Pro to be delivered. It works great for the XPS. And two reviewers claim it works great on 2016 Macbooks.
[doublepost=1481297809][/doublepost]
Does anybody know if in this adapter the vga and the hdmi work together if attached to two monitors at the same time? Thx

From what I read, it won't drive both monitors at the same tine, even on Windows. Also, for the VGA adapter, one caveat, you can't connect the adapter to the Mac with the VGA cable attached already. First you must plug in the adapter, then plug in the VGA cable.

Lou-X

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2016
I have them for my Dell XPS, but I'm still waiting for my Macbook Pro to be delivered. It works great for the XPS. And two reviewers claim it works great on 2016 Macbooks.
[doublepost=1481297809][/doublepost]

From what I read, it won't drive both monitors at the same tine, even on Windows. Also, for the VGA adapter, one caveat, you can't connect the adapter to the Mac with the VGA cable attached already. First you must plug in the adapter, then plug in the VGA cable.
Thank you for the reply.
If it's not running vga + hdmi together then it's useless. to me at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.