Apple USB keyboard: Broken or fixable?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Arkanok, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

I own a USB Apple keyboard and recently I’ve run into a problem that I’m hoping someone can help me with.

Up until a few days ago it was working fine, however now i can’t type anything and the caps lock key light is on, but not at full brightness and can’t be toggled on/off. I tried googling the solution but all I could find was regarding resetting the SMC, which sadly didn’t work. The keyboard also doesn’t work on any other computer whatsoever.

Is the keyboard screwed or does anyone know a solution? I’m only a little upset because Apple doesn’t sell these ones any longer and I don’t feel like paying $170 (Canadian) on the new wireless one which seems to have a lot of flaws.

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I love that keyboard too. It sounds like the KB is toast, but ebay is your friend. I've purchased a couple spares there for reasonable prices "just in case".

3. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

That’s a good idea actually.

4. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

I’m not against that but since I’m using a Mac, I would like the keyboard to have Mac key labels rather than the Windows key and control/alt. Sadly I can’t find any.