Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pepernoot17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
Hi there!

First I want to say I'm new at this forum and hopefully I have placed this topic on the right place.

I'm using the Apple:)apple:) USB mouse for a few months now. The classic scroll wheel problem appears a few weeks ago. I have solved it with the "mouse-upside-down-fast-movement-over-a-paper-trick":)confused:).

This week another problem appears, all clicks are giving the MMB command(LMB, MMB and RMB). So it is quite useless because I need all buttons for my 3d-software. (Luckily there is a trackpad on a MacbookPro otherwise I was not able to post this topic:D)

Thanks for reading.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012
From the Apple website:

1. Pick up your mouse and turn it over. If the red LED on the underside of the mouse is lit, try using the mouse on another surface. Non-reflective, opaque surfaces without repetitive patterns work best. The surface should be clean, but not shiny.

3. Unplug all devices from your computer, including your mouse and keyboard, as well as your printer, scanner, cameras, iPod, external hard drives, and hubs. (Warning: Some devices, like iPods, may require you to perform steps before it is safe to unplug them.) If you have a hub, don't forget to unplug it as well.
Plug your mouse into the side of your computer firmly and securely. Take special care to make sure that the connector is completely in the port. (USB plugs fit into ports one way only, and won't plug in if you try to plug them in upside-down.)

4. If that still doesn't work, try plugging your mouse in to the other USB ports on the computer. Be sure to try them all. Check to see if the red light on the underside of the mouse turns on when you press it, and try moving the mouse around on your Desktop.

If your mouse's red LED is lit but not functioning after startup, or if the red LED doesn't light up at all, plug the keyboard back into the computer and follow the steps below, in order, to help us figure out what is causing the issue:

Restart your computer and hold down the Option key on your keyboard while it starts up. You should see a blue screen, called the Startup Manager, that displays two arrow buttons and your hard drive. Test your mouse at this screen. It may be jumpy, but it should work.

Tell me once you do all of the steps what happened at each of the steps, thanks.

pepernoot17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2012
From the Apple website:

Tell me once you do all of the steps what happened at each of the steps, thanks.

all those steps have no effect.
I can move the mouse, this part of the mouse works perfect.(red light is on). It is only impossible to click with the primary button.

So maybe it is an hardware problem in the "click" part of the mouse?

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2012
Yeah, tell you what, I have a couple of extra mice, so I'll send you one. Just PM me your address

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.