Apple used Photoshop CS3 to make the Snow Leopard background

Discussion in 'macOS' started by crisss1205, Sep 10, 2009.

1. crisss1205 macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

Apple used Photoshop CS3 to make the Snow Leopard background

What my question is, why? CS4 has been out for a while.

Attached Files:

2. wankey macrumors 6502a

CS4 sucks.. you obviously don't use Photoshop.

3. Switz213 macrumors 6502

My question is... Why do you assume Apple is one person? It's clearly a single designer that feels more comfortable in CS3 and finds that it is better and more efficient.

4. zerostar macrumors regular

Why? because when you are using your system to make money and do production you tend to upgrade/update a lot slower unless it is something you need/want.

Here we hardly upgrade unless the new machines come with a system upgrade.... Though we did go to Snow Leopard and are LOVING it :)

Same thing with the Adobe CS suite... if it works and the features don't compel...

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Exactly. Besides compatibility or brand new features (there aren't many), there is really no reason for most users to upgrade photoshop.

Plus it cost money to upgrade.

6. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

CS4 is basically a UI upgrade for most people. Most likely he looked at CS4's new features and easily determined they're not worth $199. As was the case for me.

7. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

What snow leopard background? The desktop pic you're showing is from 10.5. I don't think it changed in 10.6 (?)

So that would put its creation date at the time of CS3.

8. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Yeah they added a new version of the starfield which is slightly different. That picture is from 10.6

9. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

I would LOL if one of the wallpapers was made using CS3 for PC.

10. kjohansen macrumors newbie

There are some very cool things in CS4, enough to upgrade, maybe not. Still I love the clone tool in CS4, mucho better than CS3.

11. crisss1205 thread starter macrumors 6502a

crisss1205

12. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Don't know if you've ever worked in a corporate IT environment but if we asked for $15,000 to upgrade the graphics designers' copy of Photoshop from CS3 to CS4 "'cause it's cool, the latest version, and has a few nice features", then a vice president would be asking for hard proof showing that not having CS4 was causing a revenue loss of more than $15,000 or majorly killing productivity. Money isn't unlimited, so if CS3 is working well, why waste money on unnecessary upgrades?

Would you replace your car every year due to availability of a new year model? ;)

CS4 is nice, but the existing installed base of CS3 didn't suddenly break the moment CS4 went on sale, ya know. :D If it was for a new computer purchase without existing CS3 media or licenses, then yeah, definitely CS4 is the way to go.