Apple users being referred too as wallhuggers

radzer0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
So being a recent android to iphone convert ive noticed this and I think its the real reason why you see people slunched over by the outlet charging there iphones..

They need to include a cable that can reach from a wall outlet to your phone to talk on it when its plugged in.. WTF were they thinking giving us a 3foot charge cord?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Not sure about the 6 or 6+, but the iPhone's reputation for bad batteries is deserved. All the previous iPhones had terrible battery life. My iPhone 4 got to the point where it would only last half a day. And on top of it all, the battery isn't even user replaceable.

Hopefully Apple have listened to them who don't want to charge their phones every day and included a battery that can last a few days before charge.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Its not just phones, as I type on my rMBP, my battery is is sinking and I need to charge the bad boy up

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
I've only bad bad batteries on 4s and 5s. thankfully i'm not gonna be getting the s-generation phones anymore. although my 6 battery isn't that much better than my 5s honestly.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
So being a recent android to iphone convert ive noticed this and I think its the real reason why you see people slunched over by the outlet charging there iphones..

They need to include a cable that can reach from a wall outlet to your phone to talk on it when its plugged in.. WTF were they thinking giving us a 3foot charge cord?
I always carry a USB extension cord when I travel. It comes in handy not just in airports but also in hotel rooms, where there may not be a conveniently-located outlet.

jeremysteele

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2011
The battery life of 5S is crap :(
Yep. I had a Razr Maxx (original one) before I got my 5S.

Prior to Google killing it's battery with honeycomb/ics updates I was able to go a week (a week) on one charge... with calls, texts, surfing, etc.

I still miss that... oh so much. That and the fact it used a standard USB -> micro USB cable. :(

hatuko

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2014
Espoo, Finland
With the 5S and "normal" usage by today's standards (I mean Internet, emails, the occasional Facebook/Twitter), it's good if the battery lasts 1 day without dropping below 10%...

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
What a silly comment. Battery life largely depends on how you use a device. If you're the type of person who let's their battery get down to 5% I guess you're not a wall hugger but I prefer to keep my devices fully charged whenever possible.

Anitramane

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2013
My battery life on the mac is great and the charging cable is twice as long as any pc I’ve owned, a wall hugger? No thats not me.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
What a silly comment. Battery life largely depends on how you use a device. If you're the type of person who let's their battery get down to 5% I guess you're not a wall hugger but I prefer to keep my devices fully charged whenever possible.
I let my devices go all the way down to 1% sometimes. Hate having my phone plugged in!:mad:

AutoUnion39

macrumors 601
Jun 21, 2010
I was a wall hugger with my iPhone 4. The first year I had my GS4, it was great. Lasted a year easily. Within the last few months, it would last 4-5 hours max. Pretty ridiculous. Upside was that I could have just bought a new battery though.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I was a wall hugger with my iPhone 4. The first year I had my GS4, it was great. Lasted a year easily. Within the last few months, it would last 4-5 hours max. Pretty ridiculous. Upside was that I could have just bought a new battery though.
Wow, not that is some good battery life!

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.