Apple Users... They Pee Me off sometimes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chris001, Sep 6, 2008.

1. chris001 macrumors regular

chris001

ok. this is just a rant. and i'm actually curious on what you think. Is my assumption true or not?

Microsoft as you know has recently aired a new ad with seinfeld and gates.
    and as i was reading the comments on the main page. everyone was bashing it, saying it wasn't original, boring, stupid, wasted attempt. blah blah blah.

It's cool that you can say whatever you want. it's a free country that's cool.
    But my question is it ALWAYS seems like the Apple users find it necessary to bash windows?

i used to work for apple as a rep and all the time i would get self righteous mac users telling me how windows is soo crappy and blah blah blah.

I'm orig. a windows user and i have both mac and pc at home.

My biggest pet peeve is that alot of mac users bash windows and ALOT of them have never even used a pc, or they havn't owned a pc to experience it. I have Vista, and it's not bad at all. i've had no problems. sure it copied apple for alot of things, but for everyday things like surfing, gaming, email, chatting, it is a great OS.

Do i even have to mention the mobile me disaster? That FAILED EPICALLY. so is apple all soo perfect now? i mean, as a company grows, stuff like this happens. There is a reason why Microsoft is number 1. They must have did something right?

I'm just tired of all these apple people bashing windows because they feel that it is innate. i love them both. and honestly can't live without either one. And i would really like to know if anyone else thinks the same way as me or if i'm wayyyyyyyyyy off?

Thanks.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Have you not noticed there is equal unfounded Mac bashing from the PC community?

There are more Mac users who have has experience of using Windows than Windows users using Macs.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i think you are resorting to steroetypes

i know many mac users who like windows and are aggravated by apple as of late

and vice versa

all you are trying to do is start an unnecceassry arguement that has sadly been brought up many times in the past. do you like watching the fan boys come out? do you?:rolleyes:

4. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I think that it is just a vocal minority who give the impression that you have to pledge your soul to Apple once you buy something from them. It's the same as with console fanboys etc.

Personally, I have other things much more worthy of my attention.

5. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

6. chris001 thread starter macrumors regular

chris001

you know, for some reason i never thought about the pc fan boys.
    since i never go on their forums.

so my bad. you guys are right.

but, richardjames i'm wasting your time? was it my fault that you viewed my post?

it's one thing to disagree with me. and i may or may not be wrong. but it was never my intention to waste your time.

i simply posted this for my own personal reason. and if i wasted your time. i'm sorry.

7. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

^^ I don't count it as a waste of time - and I don't fault you for saying the way you feel.

I was not bashing Windows in my entry to that thread: I was bashing the parent company, Microsoft, because they leave creativity and humour pathetically wanting with their latest campaign.

Bashing the campaign doesn't have much to do with how the Operating System functions... (..because the operating doesn't function! Ha! :D)

I myself am a switcher. I just love it when a Windows user patronizingly says to me (and this has happened) "You don't know what you're talking about - you use Mac. Maybe if you used Windows you'd know blah blah..." or something similar. Of course, I can then staple their ears back with my opinion of using four different versions Windows, on three different makes (Dell, Sony, Compaq/HP).

"Windows sucks: Don't kill the messenger I'm just telling the truth."

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh I use Windows XP all the time. I tried Vista but it was pants but I don't have a problem with MS - just bad products and practices. Of which MS seems to be full of them.

On the other hand I've never used Mobile me/.mac and I've never had a big problem with any of my Macs. Not a single hardware fault.

I bash accordingly.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I'm a switcher too, and I love my MBP, but the college I work for still uses Windows, so when I'm onsite, I still use that, too. Indeed, when teaching online, so I have to use Windows, as Mac has not yet developed appropriate software. Most of my colleagues in different fields still use Windows, although a few (mostly creative and self-employed individuals) use Mac.

So, I'm pretty familiar with both systems, but I prefer Mac, better design, easier to use (interface of software and hardware), excellent experience of Apple customer care (when two iPods died within warranty, they were replaced without a murmur of an attempt to seek refuge in contractual small print), and better security - there is far less by way of spam/spyware/virus attacks in the Apple world.

Having said all of that, Bill Gates impresses me as a human being (but not as a major designer); what he has chosen to do - and how he has chosen to do it - with his foundation is extraordinarily impressive and deserves to be lauded and, indeed, emulated. I readily accept that Steve Jobs might not shine quite so brightly in this area of enlightened philanthropy, but he is a creative genius in the field of computer design.
    Cheers

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I have a P3, still, that runs XP SP3, and I have never had a problem with it. Really.

But, on the other hand, I don't muck-about with it either. It did what I wanted, and didn't complain.

It was just due for retirement, and I was due for a change.

Now Vista, well, that is a horse of another colour.

11. djellison macrumors 68020

The worst Apple fan is the one who will respond to Apple screwing up by saying "Well - Microsoft do the same". And then 5 seconds later claim Apple to be the definition of brilliance and Microsoft, pure evil.

Doug

12. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I've known my share of Windows users who do the same as well, though. In fact, ime, the Windows fanboys seem to get a lot testier about it. I'll admit OS X is not perfect - I just define 'troublesome OS' as one that crashes multiple programs (and even the operating system, commonly) weekly and daily, versus one where an app crashes once every two months or more.

I don't describe myself as an Apple fanboy and don't get nasty about using Apple stuff - but I do offer my opinion when the situation calls for it :D

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I use my girlfriend's Vista PC everday and it pains me everytime I sit down at it. For every step there is in Mac OS X, it takes about 3 extra steps to do it in Vista. The problems are plentiful and you don't need a Mac user to tell you that. I talk to plenty of people everyday who are wishing they could throw there Vista machine out the Window. There is simply not any good press.

jon

14. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Sorry, that's not what I meant. I mean the whole fanboy mentality, worrying about whether my computer is better than everyone else's. I have no issues with this thread.

15. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I too use to like Vista, I just got tired of putting money after more money into Bill gates pocket, and I wanted to try something new. Not a "Fanboy" of any version or OS, just know what I like. :D

16. klmckenzie03 macrumors member

Like most other's have already identified, I think there are just as many Windows users bashing Mac. In my findings, most Mac users initially started out using Windows, being that it is the predominant OS, and then eventually migrated over to Mac. This has given them a little taste of both OS's and most of us here have realized just how much easier the Mac OS is to use! Another conclusion I have come to is that most Mac users, including myself, still use Windows on a day to day basis at their workplace. I work at an IT Help Desk for a company based solely on Windows. There are few, if any, companies in my area that are Mac based. The only time I have ever seen a Mac computer at any of the companies I have ever worked for was in the Marketing/Advertising department running Adobe.

17. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I agree. Actually, Bill Gates reminds me of the robber barons of the beginning of the 20th century: spend the first part of your life embroiled in the cut-throat world of business, make more money than you know what to do with, look around and decide to do some good with it. Just like the Hearsts and Rockefellers before him. I completely saparate his questionable (to me) business practices from his amazing and completely admirable philanthropic work.

Oh, as to the OP, I too see much more Mac-bashing IRL than I do the other way around.

18. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

19. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Both make mistakes, both provide a decent OS, just Apple have the popularity with todays youth.

iPod generation people.

20. nanofrog macrumors G4

There are fanboys in both camps. Personally, I don't subscribe to either, and do my best to ignore them. ;)

To me, a computer system is just a tool. I've found things I like and dislike about PCs and Macs, hardware and software. To do what I need, I have to use windows. But the Mac at least gives me a choice for some things. ;) Even Linux. :eek:

21. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Microsoft and its products are just makes it so easy to make fun of... It's really hard to resist doing so.

22. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Nah, I wouldn't say they're equal. Qualifier: At least, in my experience. Macs make mistakes, true dat, but I'm sold on the quality of the Mac system - truth be told, the fact that it looks awesome (Mac-five!) is just a perk. Mac laptops could look like HPs but if the operating system was still OS X, I'd use it. Ya know?

So I'd make just one change to your statement: Windows makes a decent OS, Apple makes a great one.