Apple Vacancies

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrTan, Jun 30, 2010.

1. nlr macrumors 6502

So obviously its a design flaw then? Will old apple customers get a fixed model of the iphone or should I get a refund and get it when its out.

(Hopefully old customers wont get ignored)

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. nlr macrumors 6502

Yeah and they're going to redesign the antenna but I'm just wondering what about the old customers like myself?

4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

January 29, 2010: "I think we have a problem. We need an RF Engineer with antenna experience"

June 23, 2010: "We're hosed. We need many RF engineers with antenna experience"

Antenna Engineer - iPad/iPhone 5289285 Santa Clara Valley 23-Jun-2010
    Antenna Engineer - iPad/iPhone 5289164 Santa Clara Valley 23-Jun-2010
    Antenna Engineer - iPad/iPhone 5289209 Santa Clara Valley 23-Jun-2010
    Antenna Engineer-iPhone 4915489 Santa Clara Valley 29-Jan-2010

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

And me! If they screw us over, I'm not sure that I can rationally purchase another iPhone. It would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

6. UCF-ENG macrumors regular

Don't you guys know that you can physically prevent two pieces of metal from bridging with a software update! ;)

LMFAO

But everybody that has been saying that this is a fundamental flaw doesn't know what their talking about because they're not an "Apple Engineer"...

Well I guess Apples engineers don't know either, cause their hiring.

7. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Best news I've heard all day.
    Looks like apple have realised that they majorly, with no better way to say it, f'ed up.
    How did this problem even get passed the design stage? The minute I, with alot of other people, saw that two live antennas next to each other may cause problems.
    We just all didn't think apple would be that stupid. Maybe they had figured a way out.....
    Well apparently not.

8. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

You should read the article on Gizmodo (yes I know) about Apple engineers fighting with Jobs over design, dating back to the 80's.

I would bet its the same issue with the iPhone. Steve is all about aesthetics and form and he probably trumped any engineers concern about the antenna design.

9. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I know that a software update won't fix it. I want Apple to replace the iPhones. It's the only right thing to do!

10. MrPaulRicard macrumors newbie

Maybe these new engineers are for iPhone 5 development?

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A job posting isn't some sort of announcement that there is a flaw with the current phone on the market.
    I'm guessing you don't know this for a fact. :rolleyes:

12. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

It's just too coincidental, really.

If the postings had been in May, or even early June I'd dismiss them as just another job opening, but the postings happened on the very day that a great many people - including myself - got our iPhone 4's and almost immediately began to notice "Ok, why isn't it working in my hand?" or the other particulars that we keep reporting about.

I don't buy it, not for one second flat.

13. alent1234 macrumors 603

apple/SJ has a fetish with thin and efficient. Mac vs PC and now iphone versus android phones. the Droid and EVO have a lot more raw power than the iphone but Apple is going to it's thin/long battery fetish.

i read about the development of the Nexus One and Andy Rubin said that the thinner the phone the more reception problems you have that you have to find a way to work around

there is no perfect product out there. they are all engineering decisions to get something out the door on time

14. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

I think this was an instance of Apple engineers and designers getting too cute. Even then, it should have been caught by Test Engineering and/or Quality Assurance before going into mass production.

15. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

OMG, this is hilarious! What a great find! Can you push this to Engadget? They're gonna LOL this! :p :D

16. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It was on Engadget first. Or at least it was there before I checked this thread very early in the morning.

17. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I would just like to say that as much as I LOVE the Iphone 4, if they are hiring these engineers to revise the phone for launch on Verizon I am going to punch an innocent puppy in the face.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Should I reply back to Steve's last email to me and ask "Then why hire new engineers?" LOL

19. nlr macrumors 6502

They're obviously employing Antenna engineers for some reason, I'm thinking of getting a refund till they fix it.

Yeah and ask him if they're resolving the issue with hardware.

20. Coldmode macrumors regular

It's far too late for them to do anything about the iPhone 4. As far as physical flaws all they're going to do for the next 11 months is tell people to buy a case.

It seems far more likely that these engineers would be tasked with designing the antennae that the iPhone 5 will use with LTE, since it can't be more than 18 months before the two major providers fire up their networks.

21. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Realisticly, what are the chances of apple revising the iPhone 4 at this stage?
    My pessimistic side is suddently coming through, now that I've though about it for a bit.

22. NickK1066 macrumors regular

x 1.7 Million other day-1 iPhone 4 buyers = a serious liability risk the iPhone product manager's profit & loss..

Just need to look at nVidia and their bump-gate - so is this Apple's 'gate' Antenna-gate :D

I was looking at the iPhone 4, now I will hold on to my 3GS as I live in an area where coverage is bad for all the UK operators.

Besides when Apple bring out the transparent iPhone 5 which has the ground breaking transparent battery and a clapper bleeper to find the thing when you've put it down.. I'll have a look again.

23. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think that 1.7 million+ people being pissed off at Apple is a bigger liability.

24. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Only 1.7 million won't be, a very small percentage is actually vocal about their problems which is why I think this whole thing will be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

It's become a non issue for me as I've been using my phone flawlessly since day one. Those that aren't so lucky will probably just have to return it.