Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced that the visionOS software development kit (SDK) which will allow third-party developer to build apps for the upcoming Vision Pro headset is now available via Xcode 15 beta 2. The launch comes after Apple announced at WWDC that the SDK would be available later this month.

apple-vision-pro-sdk.jpg
Starting today, Apple’s global community of developers will be able to create an entirely new class of spatial computing apps that take full advantage of the infinite canvas in Vision Pro and seamlessly blend digital content with the physical world to enable extraordinary new experiences. With the visionOS SDK, developers can utilize the powerful and unique capabilities of Vision Pro and visionOS to design brand-new app experiences across a variety of categories including productivity, design, gaming, and more.
Apple says it will open developer labs next month in Cupertino, London, Munich, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo to provide developers with hands-on experience on Vision Pro hardware and support for developing their apps.

Applications for Apple Vision Pro developer kits will also be accepted starting next month, while developers of 3D apps and games based on Unity will also be able to port their apps to Apple Vision Pro.

Article Link: Apple Vision Pro Developer Tools Now Available With New visionOS SDK

Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I have to say I'm surprised by how little additional information came out of the developer sessions about Vision Pro. Pretty much everything I know came from the keynote and demos, but surely there are interesting details about the system capability in the APIs, no?

I don't even mean "hidden secrets in the enums" kind of details, but public API capabilities.

topdrawer

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2012
damn. the node editor seems to be broken in reality composer pro. well the material editor in general is broken.

like if you change the opacity threshold to 1, it works as expected. but if you change it to 0.5, it doesn't do anything at all. if you set it back to zero, transparency no longer works. only the setting of 1 works. to put it back to zero, you have to remove the override.

this is true for most settings. 0 is normal, change to 1, it works, change to 0.5, doesn't work, change it back to 0, 0 no longer works.

this is trash.

• Disagree
Reactions: Fromthehiptothehop
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.