Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logics8

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2008
Lets go 1TB!

I caved at the size just because...I wonder how much space videos will take up on this.

Also had to do shipping because all the in store times was during work…

Now to go to bed. It's 3AM.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Look forward to you all getting them and reviewing them. I'll live vicariously though all of you this time around.

Hope it works great for everyone here.

ke-iron

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2014
Got the 256GB, shipping times started to slip real quick. I was fiddling with pick up in store and looking at the times available for pickup. Didn’t have any time that worked with my schedule and I backed out to change to ship, delivery time had already changed to 02/06. I’m crying inside.

Last edited:

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Wow I’m mad. Had one in my cart for 8am pickup and Apple Pay failed on me literally ten times. Tried different cards. I’ve used the app and Apple Pay a million times before with no issues. Saw my pickup time slowly creep into the late afternoon, before my order finally went through. Feb 6th in the email though it showed feb 2 on the app. Bizarre.

centauratlas

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
Done too. I maxed it out. 1TB. lol. YOLO 😂. Feb 2.

I did shipping vs store. Hope that works out well!

Last edited:
Reactions: xizdun

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I did preload them also, where did you select the gift card option? or did you have around 4000 in gift cards loaded?
$2k is the max preloaded into your account allowable by Apple, which is what I had in my account for this already.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Yep, as I feared—optical inserts support “most” prescriptions means no Vision Pro for me or anyone else with prism in their glasses, which also includes my SO.

Oh well.

I really wish they’d have just SAID that earlier, would have saved me getting up at 5am only to close the app disappointed. They knew it before and unlike specs or full pricing it wouldn’t have taken anything away from launch to just say what they actually meant by “most”, which is “Zeiss optical inserts do not support prescriptions with prism”.

Gotta admit, my prism correction is small enough I’m tempted to get an eye check to see how hard I have to work to keep things in focus without it—probably could put up with it for the amount of time I’ll be using the thing.

Reactions: bumblebritches5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.