Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chwisch87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
I am halfway convinced that there is some witch doctor working at 1 infinity loop. Lets take the recent launch of the iPad.

I have, like many people, been dogging on this blasted device since day one. No Flash, No Camera, No Multitask. Hell I even made a video on youtube of me hating on the thing. Well that was now and this is then I suppose. It, like all the other Apple crap I don't need as somehow put a spell on me..

Call it out-of-control consumerism but recently I just love the idea of picking up a pad and reading the NYT's or Time magazine in the morning at breakfast on an iPad. Or doing the many other things that can be done with the device.

Its like that thing from start trek ... only wayy cooler actually.

I tell you after thinking about it over this week, and finally seeing some the apps demo'ed that are worth anyones times, I just want the thing..

Ugh..

Like I said, Apple Voodoo. I mean I have really complained about Apple's closed environment and then do I think to myself ... do i really care?? I mean all my iTunes music is DRM free and will go with me to where ever i go (currently use a ZuneHD as my MP3/audiobook device) so what is the big deal? Hell I used Windows my on desktop machine so I am just looking the other way in that case?

I mean come on, a developer could be slaving in a salt mine for all I care. GIVE ME MY NEW AIM APP *CRACKED WHIPPED*. It apple forces them to play by their rules for our benefit ... oh well.

Of course right after the lack luster "paper launch" early this year everyone said, the apps will sell it. And they were right.

Soo I am getting an iPad ... idk when but soon..

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Well at least you're admitting it! A lot of people are going through the same thing... People trying it out at the apple store were being converted left and right.. While for me this doesn't replace a laptop I was talking to one guy who walked in wanting a MacBook and instead got the iPad.

Cyroceon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
OP I felt almost exactly the same way until I realized how awesome all of the seemingly simple tasks we do would be on the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.