Apple vs. Amazon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Naro, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Naro macrumors newbie

Just wondering which one would most likely get the new iPod Touch out to me the fastest, and if anyone has the length it took them for either company.

2. Dipperdan macrumors newbie

I was able to order my 16gb touch off amazon with 1 day shipping Monday night and it is due to arrive today. The price of the shipping still made the total price lower than apples addition of sales tax.

3. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Did it come today?

4. azure247 macrumors 6502

Amazon doesnt have the 32 gb ipod touch yet because mine is still saying "Items shipping soon." I ordered it on the 11th. I should get it by October and hey, it saves me the tax cost.

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Amazon has no tax cost in CA. Apple is probably quicker.

6. pammyspyce macrumors regular

pammyspyce

I ordered a 16 gb from Amazon just before noon on Saturday. I upgraded to one shipping and it arrived via Fed Ex on Monday just after noon. So in my experience Amazon was very speedy.

Edit: I have Prime. I've noticed Prime members tend to have their orders processed more quickly than non-Prime members.

7. MySaturdaySelf macrumors member

I ordered mine yesterday when it shows in stock September 18 on Amazon, expexted to deliver to me on 9/23, but i just got another email it shipped today and would be here on Friday, 19th.

What a pleasant surprise.. If you are a Amazon prime member, sure you will choose amazon.. even $3.99 one day shipping is totally worth it.

8. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

another note is the sales tax. unless you want it engraved or something, amazon will end up being cheaper

9. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Apple- 37 hours.

Yes, I know it's sad I remembered that... :D

10. Naro thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, thanks for all the help. I decided to go with Amazon since they don't have sales tax.

11. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I thought this thread was about music stores. Since it's not I'll throw in my vote for Amazon.com. Wait, that was also my vote for a music store.... no DRM.

12. Dipperdan macrumors newbie

13. emt1 macrumors 65816

I know it's a little late for this advice but... Amazon is offering a free month trial of Prime. Overnight shipping is $3.99, two day is free.

14. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Last time I ordered an in stock item with super saver shipping it had an estimated process time of 15 days, so I canceled and went elsewhere. Amazon is fast as long as you stay away from free shipping.

15. sailortena macrumors newbie

I ordered my Touch from Amazon on Sept. 9 and I got a shipping notice Sept. 14 (so it really went out Monday). I did Super Saver Shipping. Sent via regular post office. Hopefully I will get it today or tomorrow. (Saturday at the latest.)

Having it sent via normal mail has made me a little nervous, but I've been watching the online tracking, not that it's very helpful, but it keeps me from going stir crazy.

I have money for it onhand but don't plan on paying the bill until I got the product in my greedy little palms.

16. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I got my 32gb from amazon on Wednesday of last week and it is at my front office right now. I used prime shipping 2 day. No rush really. Won't be opening it until there is my ideal case out. But for the time being will be using a 16gb I just got for $140 (with a sena case! :D)

17. itsliz89 macrumors member

I placed my order on the 15th while the didn't have the ipods in stock. Got an email stating my package would come earlier. Received my ipod on the 17th to CA with 2 day shipping option. 2 days altogether. Not bad!

18. itsliz89 macrumors member

I order a lot from Amazon and I've noticed that they tend to overestimate shipping most of the time. I guess to play it safe. I usually get my packages 1-2 days earlier. When it comes to items that are expected to be in stock later on, they usually receive earlier as well. A book I purchased was expected to arrive today at the time I placed the order, but I received it over a week ago. Not saying that your particular order would have arrived earlier though. I'm just speaking through my personal experiences with them. Not saying that Amazon is perfect either. I've had the best experience with them except for one item that caused so much trouble.

19. NY10940 macrumors newbie

Same here.

Estimated Delivery Date: September 19th

Actual Delivery Date: September 18th