Apple vs AT&T shpping.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ectlu93, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

Ordered my white iPhone 4s last night from att.com because the apple site was crazzyyyy busy. On att it worked like a charm and I got my confirmation email after placing my order. Which shipping y'all think is better and will I get my iPhone on or before the 14th???

2. marty084 macrumors member

there WERE cases of people getting there iphone 4 1 day in some cases 2 days before the release

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

There were some people last year who did order through AT&T and get it the day before. But we don't even know if even Apple is doing that at all this year, nonetheless AT&T. So we don't really know yet. You will receive it release day, for sure.

4. rick98761 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if AT&T will require a signature. I wanted to ship it to my work but they wouldn't allow me to change it. I've been on hold for 20 minutes to see if they will change it, but if they will leave it on my doorstep I'll just forget it.

5. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Almost positive they will require signature. They absolutely did last year. It's good and bad. Good that they're not leaving your brand new iPhone there to be stolen..but bad if you're not able to sign for it. I'm pretty sure you can print a signature waiver form and leave it at your door or something, though. Then they will leave it. Not sure on the details of that however.

6. JTSmeed macrumors member

pre-sign

For previous iPhone's, Apple at least had an option to pre-sign for the shipment using an online form. I don't know if AT&T offers such a service.

7. meder87 macrumors regular

Good thing im on my brothers plan. He lives in a condo and there's a concierge in the lobby of the building so it'll get signed for and be kept safe.

8. rick98761 macrumors 6502

Well AT&T rep just told me you can't change the shipping address, but that there would be no sig requirement. He didn't really seem like he knew what he was talking about though.

9. mstell168 macrumors newbie

Same question here. I always use apple's pre-sign release but do to the issues this morning on the site I ordered the 4S through AT&T,, not sure if I can pre-sign or they don't require a signature at all.

If anyone went through this with the iPhone 4 launch and can explain that would be appreciated.

10. dborja macrumors 6502a

+1

I got mine one day ahead last year

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Most if not all the time Apples shipments through FedEx always require signature. But if you aren't there to sign they will leave it at your doorstep if you leave a note asking them to.

12. madridista59 macrumors regular

sorry to veer off course a bit here but i didn't to start another thread soley for this question since we're comparing the two.

does apple charge the 18$ upgrade fee that at&t does? i didn't see that when i checked out with apple, but the fee is there when i attempted with at&t prior.

13. blueism macrumors member

I pre-ordered mine at an AT&T store and the rep said 14-21 days. After, I went home and saw Apple and AT&T's sites say delivery by the 14th. Anyone think Ill have it by the 14th? I feel like 2-3 weeks right now is a bit of a stretch. Especially if AT&T's own site still says the 14th

14. hogo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone have any guesses when ATT will charge our credit cards? I ordered through them last night, but wondering if I should run to the bank and make a deposit today, or if I'm good til direct deposit from work hits Monday ;) I'd hate to lose my iPhone to insufficient funds! Lol

15. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

In that case you had no business buying the phone to begin with.

16. postjack macrumors newbie

i changed my billing address on my att account to my work address. i'll just change it back after I get my phone. everything worked fine, and my work address is clearly listed as the shipping address on the invoice.

17. protobiont macrumors 6502a

There was a pending charge on my card within a few hours of my purchase.

18. hogo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wow, let me know if you want a cranberry juice for your period.

19. hogo macrumors regular

Mine only shows a 2$ pre-auth

20. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

You must be very immature. So tell me, spending all the money in your account and then some to go into a negative balance is smart? And you don't get paid till next Monday? What do you do all weekend if you need gas? Food? Other bills? Put it on a credit card and go into debt even further? So what does that tell us? Obviously you didn't have the money to begin with. Wants and needs are two different things in life. This is a big part of the reason as to why the world and our economy in the US is failing and people can't pay their bills because they don't know when they can't afford something.

21. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I didn't know you were in charge of balancing the deficit......Some people deal mainly in cash and only put money in the bank to pay for things. For all you know that guy has more money then you so don't be all snooty because of one post on a forum.

22. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

Ah another attempt from another spec on the earth who can't simply read or prob doesn't know what he is talking about. It's obvious he doesn't use cash and his paycheck goes into a checking account because he clearly said his paycheck is direct deposited. So yes he's living paycheck to paycheck and doesn't have the money to buy the phone to begin with. My guess if he bought it today, it will be declined when Apple tries to run the charge through because he clearly doesn't have the funds in the account.

And if I was in charge of balancing the deficit, we wouldn't have one or there would be very little debt.

23. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

No I read it just fine. He also was wondering if he should run to the bank and make a DEPOSIT. As in he had CASH on him. If your going to play the "someone can't read" card at least read the post. I know this first hand as I have a steady job where I get a weekly paycheck direct deposited. My 2nd job is all cash and im sure im not alone.