Apple vs att iphone 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wsbkp08, Nov 20, 2014.

1. wsbkp08 macrumors newbie

i am in a dilemma and this is the only place that i can complain or get advice. So hear me out.
    I upgraded to m8 this april with 2 yr contract but now i want iphone. My best option was do att next plan and get my dad's next att upgrade eligibility snd transfer to mine. (My dad did also 2 yr contract last year but he is eligible for next upgrade)
    So i talked to att and went through all the hassle and went to apple store today get my iphone but they said that i can't do it. So i went to att and they said that i can only do that through att but not through apple store.
    What i can do is i can get the phone through my dad's line snd switch the sim cards between the new iphone and m8. Sure i could do that except i dont live with my dad.
    So now i have few options. 1. Order through att and wait forever. 2. Visit my dad and go to apple store together and switch sim cards togethrer.

What should i do?
    Any other good ideas?
    Sorry for typos and being messy! Hard to type with my phone!

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

You could also buy the iphone at full retail (unlocked/t-mobile or AT&T or Verizon) from an Apple store and sell your M8 to recoup some of the cost.

3. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Or buy outright (unlocked/att,etc) on a site like swappa.com and save retail pricing and tax. For example, I bought a 64gb iPhone 6+ for $800 shipped to my door. Saved over $120 and then just pop in your current sim from AT&T and don't hassle with your contract.

4. lordofthereef, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don't see why you would need to swap sims (in person with dad). The phone you buy from Apple or ATT will be activated (unless you have it shipped). Pull that sm, drop yours in, have your dad pick up a new sim for his device. Done.:)

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

If doing this with a subsidy, you run the risk of frying the SIM card in your dad's phone. I'd do it at AT&T so they can avoid burning the SIM on activation. It's possible that it won't fry it at Apple, but they will tell you that it's a risk.

If AT&T doesn't have the phone you need, you can go to Apple. Just have your dad drop by AT&T and get himself a free SIM to have on hand in case his SIM goes dead when you upgrade. If it does, then he can just call AT&T and give them the new SIM card number for his line. They'll activate it for him and he can pop it in his phone while he talks to them over the phone. Or, he could go to the AT&T store and they'll give him a new SIM once he explains what happened.

:)