iPad apple vs other retailers?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tony85, Nov 7, 2013.

1. tony85 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm gonna get myself an iPad air over the weekend. But I was wondering if there is any reason to pay that bit extra and get it from an apple store than the likes of pcworld or tesco which have offers on ATM?

If so why?

Cheers.

2. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Personally I would always go to the Apple store, because the service is far better, the store is much nicer and if there's the slightest problem with the product I know they will sort me out at the Apple store whereas elsewhere it will be much more hassle.

Unless the offer elsewhere was that good, of course.

:)

3. urbanwoodsman macrumors member

I was just about to make a thread like this.

I'm located in NYC. I figured I would do my normal order online from powermax, uniquephoto, or some other tax free location to save a few bucks. Apple is not allowing the sale of the ipad air online yet except through their stores or through the cell companies. You have to call in to places to make an order. Powermax seems like the best place but they told me today that they have a 2-3 week wait on all their Airs.

Does anyone know the best deal for the iPad Air right now? Any other tax free options? Or bonuses when buying? Coupons? Free cases?

I know B&H and JR offer 4% back on some purchaces but I'm not sure that applies to Apple products.

Just wanted to ask before I go to a retail store and pay full price+tax.

I want the iPad Air 64gb from any carrier, but I'll use a T-Mobile sim.

4. Gooberton macrumors 65816

Hey, it's nerkg by the way..
    Target has 200 trade in on any iPad, game stop is giving 30% above normal trade in value which is already pretty good. Walmart I'm pretty sure is $20 cheaper. Also it dosent matter where you buy it, apple will honor any defect replacement or repair within the first year.

5. urbanwoodsman macrumors member

Hey man,

I already traded in my iPad 2 to Gamestop and got about $300 in amazon gift cards. Walmart only has the 16gb wifi for $20 off.

6. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Why not get it from Tmobile directly for $199 down + $26.25 a month?