Apple VS Verizon: The Better Pricing Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vazquez1085, Oct 2, 2011.

1. vazquez1085 macrumors member

Alright MR I've been using an unlocked 3GS on TMO for years...but might bite the bullet next week depending on whats announced and get the next ten iPhone....where will I get the better deal price wise? Apple/Verizon??? :confused:

2. Alexs5 macrumors newbie

Sprint will get you the best deal but depends of how is their service in your area.

3. vazquez1085 thread starter macrumors member

Sprint isn't bad in my area...so price-wise if Sprint were to get the iPhone that would make more sense..gotcha...but if they don't get it by chance....ATT/Verizon??

4. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I'm also rocking the TMO 3GS...not particularly satisfied with the data speeds or poor coverage, but...the pricing makes up for it! XD

AT&T is considerably cheaper than Verizon, though definitely make sure you get service in your area.

5. vazquez1085 thread starter macrumors member

Very true about the 3Gs on TMO...it could be a better experience but paying what I'm paying I'm not complaining ;)

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

How about you wait until Tuesday instead? How would we know?

7. d0ster macrumors regular

I think he's talking about price of calling plans. I have VZW but I get a 10% discount from my work which not everyone knows about. Depending where you work (government or big company) you may be able to get a discount.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If that's the case, then a forum is the worst place to ask. Do research because the best we can do is give the OP tips for the FAN discounts.

10. vazquez1085 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry about that guys yeah I meant AT&T NOT Apple

11. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

Verizon
    $40 450 any time mins
    $20 unlimited texting
    $30 2gb data
    $90 + taxes and fees

AT&T
    $40 450 any time mins
    $20 unlimited texting
    $25 2gb data
    $95 + taxes and fees

12. Muad'Dib macrumors 6502

You should edit the subject.

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Boy those are expensive!

I pay A$69 a month for pretty much the same and the 32GB iPhone 4 was free with the contract. My carrier also unlocked it for free.

14. Jetwash macrumors member

15. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

We use iPhones on both carriers in my family. I'm lucky to live in an area where both supply great coverage. There's very little difference between the two, and other than being fashionable to hate AT&T, I've always enjoyed terrific service & support from them.

Pricing is where Verizon it at a disadvantage. They follow the Apple model of charging premium prices. Verizon's are somewhat hidden by breaking them down into many different categories on the bill. Thus confusing their customers.

That said I digress. The very best choice is to pick the carrier with the strongest coverage in your area. That's a rule that applies no matter what brand of phone you prefer.