Apple waiving the $20?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by puffnstuff, Jan 17, 2008.

1. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

Apparently when you try to buy the new software it says Remind me Later and will not let you proceed. I read in another forum that this may mean they will waive the $20. I personally will still Jailbreak to get more apps but for those who do not want to do that it sounds like good news.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Hopefully this is the case for iPod Touch users. But Apple.com still says that it costs $19.99, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I read that during the keynote, when Steve announced the price, there was a gasp and some negative noise. When I watched that part of the address, there was no gasp or anything to hear. So either it didn't happen that way, the mics didn't pick it up (but could pick up the cheering?), or Apple decided to alter the audio of the reaction by the crowd.

How could they not think there would be a negative reaction to that announcement?

3. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

Most likely.

Well I coughed up, so if they do, I would hope to at least get some iTunes credit. £12 worth, not £6.

4. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I bought my Touch the day of the announcement and was charged the $20-. I sent an e-mail to Apple regarding this and they are crediting me the money.

5. outlandos macrumors regular

I bought it for 18 Euro and you know what?

I am very happy with it, no jailbreaking or other crap involved, and it now looks even better!

6. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I was charged three times, for the update, and you know what ... i'm still happy with it too. Granted, iTunes accepting to refund £26 of it, is a plus, but people are missing; this really is a GREAT software update.

R-Fly

7. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Bought my Touch on January 1 and Apple credited me for the apps.