Apple wants you to buy AG screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lloydehhh, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Lloydehhh macrumors member

Hey all,
    Anybody else think that Apple makes the lights in their store insanely bright, so that when people compare glossy and AG screens, the glossy is unbearable, and they opt for the AG, which earns apple more money?

2. frogger2020 macrumors regular

3. Lloydehhh thread starter macrumors member

conspiracy! Omg

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The store has to be well lit and that has always been the case before Apple even started shipping glossy screens as BTOs.

5. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Why didn't I ever thought of that? :eek: I guess I should stick with a glossy screen for my next MBP so that I wouldn't be "scammed" into paying extra. :p

6. krimsen macrumors member

well, since the cheapest AG Apple notebook is 1.899 €, of course they'd love to sell you one :p

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

If that's their goal, then they're failing miserably, ... at least at the store I worked at.

Of the hundreds of MacBooks I sold, I'd guess that less than 10 were anti-glare. And I specifically went out of my way to show folks the difference between glossy and anti-glare (on the floor demos we had side-by-side).

That, and you'd think they stock more AG models in-store if they were really trying to move them. There were a few folks I worked with that preferred the AG, but when they found out they'd have order it online and wait, they went with the less-expensive glossy model.

8. DJMeeheezee macrumors newbie

Remember when glossy screens came out, and you had to pay more for them? They had "glossy" and "matte" options. Then they changed the name of matte to "anti-glare" and made it more expensive. Its like they were saying that there was something wrong with the glossy screens that caused glare, but they had the solution-- anti-glare! -- that actually existed before they invented the glare problem in the first place. Classic bait and switch.

9. bigjobby macrumors 65816

No. Its called retail.

10. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

11. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Apples store lighting is actually meant to make you make quick decisions (IE buy without thinking). Had a pretty good talk with the one of the managers from the company contracted to set up lighting/electrical etc at the local Apple stores.

12. brentsg macrumors 68030

Clearly they were laying the groundwork for this conspiracy for years. :eek:

13. 100Teraflops, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

The store I bought my MBP at has antiglare models in stock, so I had the privilege to compare glossy and antiglare screens side by side. Maybe I have not noticed that other stores are well lit, but the Apple store I have been in is very bright. Conspiracy theory, who knows, but I agree that there is a psychological affect if one can see clearly. Also, if the store has the antiglare model in stock, then one can compare both screens side by side. :D That is a plus!

14. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

^^^

So does my local store... made the AG screens look ugly. Just my opinion...