Apple Warranty on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dub263, Jul 6, 2010.

1. dub263 macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPhone 4 two days ago at Best Buy. I put on a SlimFit case and the invisashield, dropped it once on carpet and the entire front screen cracked and is spider webbed. I didn't sign up for Geek Squad Black Tie Protection. How can I get Apple to replace my damaged phone under warranty? Any ideas?

2. himni macrumors regular

If you take your receipt back to best buy you can probably buy the warranty without them seeing the phone.

3. dub263 thread starter macrumors newbie

I called them to try and do that, but they said they needed to view the phone before hand. Two days I have had this phone and its already broken.

4. himni macrumors regular

I would go into a Bestbuy with your receipt in hand and go up to the customer service counter and tell them you want to buy the extended warranty and that you forgot to get it when the purchase was made. I did this with a Xbox 360 and I didn't have an issue.

5. dub263 thread starter macrumors newbie

You were right. Walked in to Best Buy yesterday afternoon with receipt and customer service rep activated the Geek Squad Black Tie Protection without asking to see the phone. I'm in a lot better mood today, unfortunately when I go to replace it will be probably take a few weeks to get another iPhone. Thanks for the advice!

6. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

congrats, you just defrauded best buy. you should be proud.