Apple Warranty Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Feng Shui, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

Just wondering, if I buy a macbook pro from China, will I still be covered by Apple's warranty in Canada? I mean, if I run into a problem, can I still run to the apple store in Canada in stead of going back to China to get the problem look at for free under the waranty? Also, will I still be able to call up the customer service here in Canad?

Many Thanks!

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Are you purchasing this notebook from an authorized Apple reseller?

3. Dan 7.1 macrumors newbie

if you are buying the machine new from an authorized reseller, then the answer is yes. applecare is world wide, so a purchased laptop in one country will be covered in another.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Now I wouldn't buying it from China considering it costs more to buy one there. My cousin waited to come to the US when he bought his.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Depends. If you are in Canada now, and you are looking at an advertisement that says "We get the MacBook Pro in bulk directly from the factory in China, so you save big money" then you should back slowly away and reconsider.

It's a scam, man. Apple does not sell their machines from the factory gate. You would be getting either - a stolen machine, a knockoff fakeintosh, or more likely, just lose your money immediately and be at risk of your ID being stolen too.

If you are purchasing in person from an Apple Authorized dealer, then your warranty on a portable Mac is good worldwide.