Apple warranty service on jailbroken non-Att iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ottoman1384, Mar 15, 2009.

1. ottoman1384 macrumors newbie

I went to the apple store to see the contour flick case. I tried it on my iPhone and then preoceeded to remove it. While I was taking it off the "silent" button fell off. The lady that was helping me out said to set up an appointment to have it looked at.

Now the problem is that I bought this iPhone refurbished from AT&T. It's jailbroken and I don't have a data plan with AT&T. Would this be a problem in getting the silent button fixed.

What should I do?

Fix it myself?

Thanks for the help.

2. ottoman1384 thread starter macrumors newbie

so after i restore it, it wont matter that i didn't activate it? or should i activate it using the option that says that i have a number already?

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Might be between a rock and a hard place, b/c I'm not sure if you can just put someone else's AT&T SIM card in your iPhone...:(

4. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

So if I read and understood your post correctly, not only is it jailbroken, it is also unlocked?

In that case, yikes.

5. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Restore it with an old firmware,

take it in, it might seem odd to them that it isnt activated, but that isnt your issue. Get a new phone and go home and jailbreak/unlock again.

6. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

Good luck, and pray. They usually ask you to verify your AT&T Phone number, so might be tricky. The worst they can do is turn you away from fixing it. No harm in trying. As far as I know, they can't take away your phone or anything.