Apple Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by misfiringsystem, Oct 15, 2010.

1. misfiringsystem macrumors newbie

Long story short, I picked up a broken iPhone 3GS and managed to get it repaired and working again.

Because I wanted to do a restore, I updated to 4.1. However, after the update battery life went down. I also did a bit of search online and found that some users have been experiencing this problem as well. Some have been able to get Apple to replace their phones with a refurbished one.

I checked my iPhone and it's still under warranty. What are the chances of Apple even consider looking at my phone, given it's not under my name?

Or should I go in and not mention it was repaired before, and go from there?

Thanks.

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

the warranty does not matter who owns it. the warranty goes with the phone. as far as repair what did you do? what was broke? if you took the motherboard out then you removed the do not remove sticker. if you replaced the screen or the lcd did you use apple parts and put the numbered stickers back on? all of this makes a difference. are the water markers red or white? there are two on the motherboard and one inside the headphone jack and one inside and on the bottom of the dock connector. lots of questions need answered first.

3. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

If you didn't remove any of the do not remove seals then the acquisition of a refurb is entirely possible.

4. misfiringsystem thread starter macrumors newbie

Basically, the glass was completely shattered when I found it, and there was no way Apple was going to replace that for me, so I took it to a repair shop to get it fixed. Luckily, the glass was the only thing that was broken, so the technician just replaced the glass.

I'm not trying to scam them into getting a refurbished, but whatever they can do that can help me bring it back down to any firmware before 4.1.

Thanks guys.