Apple Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jsf721, Mar 4, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I have an apple iPhone that I did not purchase new. Got off CL. It is a good phone all working order. the volume down button is not working easily and required a big push to work. Is thi covered by apple even though i am not the original purchaser?

2. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just as a follow up, the Apple people were great. I told them the truth that the iPhone was purchased 2nd hand. The phone showed no signs of physical abuse. They took it in the back and checkled for "tripped" sensors (water damage). Since there was none they gave me a newly refurbished iPhone. They did not have a 64 Gig in stock so they ordered one which I will have later this week.

That is excellent cusotmer service.

3. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

This is good to hear as I have a 2nd hand iPhone as well

4. jsf721 thread starter macrumors 6502

They run the serial number and let you know how much warranty is left. Mine has 229 days (out of 365)of warranty left. According to the agreement they can charge a "non oroginal owner" $ 199.00 flat rate repair but it was waived since there were no signs of physical damage and no water damage. Not sure what they did but it was taken into the back briefly. Honesty pays off.

5. MistahMumford, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

Nice. I wonder if mine has any warranty left.

*Edit*
    You can check on this site: https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do and enter your serial number.