Apple Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheKrs1, Mar 27, 2014.

?

How is Apple's current warranty and hardware support?

1. Perfect. If I have an issue they resolve it

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. Getting worse, issues that used to be resolved in store are now pushed back on the customer

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Better. I am receiving better service than ever.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Neither of these and this is a stupid poll.

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. TheKrs1 macrumors 6502

Is it just me, or is Apple losing ground with consumers in regards to warranty. It used to be, if you were having any issues with your phone (despite obvious physical damage), you were more than likely going to get a replacement device. During this time, Apple was still posting record profits. Now that other Manufacturers are opening more retail fronts, and offering better service plans... do you think this is a front that will hurt apple in the long run?

(I'm asking because I'm having more and more friends dissatisfied with Apple Store service and hearing more complaints about phones with issues where they receive no real support.)

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Getting worse in my opinion.

Sisters 5 sleep/wake button was sunk in and hard to push. They told us to do a restore...at 2 different apple stores.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, just you and your friend got a distorted image to what a manufacturers warranty is.
    It was never Apples policy to despite obvious physical damage to replace iphones for free. A few do get lucky here and there as they did in the past but its on a case to case basis and not 100% that they will let you slide each time.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The warranty has always covered manufacturing defects or hardware failures(usually related to a manufacturing defect.) If Apple chose to replace something that had obvious physical damage in the past, they weren't' doing it to follow the terms of their warranty. They've never been obligated to provide this kind of service.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I think the reason that other carriers are offering more affordable options is BECAUSE Apple started getting more strict with their returns. People were abusing the crap out of their phones and taking them in to get swapped for "power button failure".

Apple responded with Apple Care Plus. This made carrier plans a terrible value and only worth it for you if you end up losing your phone. For the majority of people who warranty a phone for damage it was a waste.

Carriers responded in kind (well Asurion) by relaxing their enrollment policy, getting swap outs, often for NEW handsets within a 24 hour period, and making it cheaper for the customer.

It's still cheaper to do AC+. And if not accident prone, better still to just pay the $270 IF your phone happens to break (this is a risk calculation only you can make for yourself). For those who tend to misplace things or toss their phone around, though, the insurance is a pretty decent offering now.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

the one time i had a problem with my phone they replaced it without a problem.

7. FrozenInferno macrumors regular

The number of Apple devices out in the world is increasing exponentially every year, at some point they had to crack down and streamline the process to keep things manageable and reduce the instances of people taking advantage.

Mo' devices sold, mo' prollems'

8. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Apple has the best service bar none. I have a lumia 1020 and had to send it in for warranty. It stopped reading the sim card and its been with nokia for 3 weeks. If it were my only phone I would be really upset.

9. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I haven't had any issues. Had issues with my first 5s dropping calls and what not. Brought it to apple and walked out with another one. They were nice about it and I didn't need to fight